• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core I7 Extreme Edition Overclocking Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm no extreme CPU expert but normally people raise the multiplier until you can't raise it anymore. Then raise the blck.

Hence the mimicking 920 settings, they don't get the luxury of playing with the Multi (beyond 21 anyway). So I thought I would level the playing field with the 920 OC Guru's.

More out of curiosity more than anything to see if the seemingly identical architecture can pull anything out of the hat

:shrug:Greetings tumble weeds i know this is a old thread almost as old as my sneakers, but wanted to let you know im new to overclocking and wanted to post a screen shot of my Cpu and voltages using an evga x58 8gb ram 1333mz i7 965extreme /w/corsair H50 watercooler and was wondering if someone would come back from the depths and shed some light on my system specs and voltages vcore 1.5v 1.5v dimm vt bclk133 mutiplyer 31 like i said before im new to overclocking and it took me along time to figure anything out and was wondering how far this chip will OC too and be safe with voltage and temps
mc2d33

Last edited:
Ahh.. forgot about this thread..

I didn't mean to curse it :rain:

I think a few months after this thread was made I got a 965XE es for cash and a cherry Q6600 :eek:

Bclk was/is the way to go :thup:

Hello guys, sinds a few days i have a (i now older) i7 975 extreme.
I have been running it at 4.0 but did the overclock true the Multi.
now after reading this tread i put it on 4.1 but true the bclk.

WHAT is better????

the settings i made are 25x165.
pll vcore manual at 1.88.
turbo/speedstep/cie disabled.
cpu vcore in bios at 1.325.
uncore 2 times the mem speed.
and the rest set on auto.

i did a prime95 run of 25 minutes.

is this looking oke, dont forget i am on air???

prime95i797541ghztest_zpsd4c6559d.png

Or do you have some other advice for me.

i am on a asus p6t deluxe v2 mobo

Back