• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Intel Haswell i7 4770K & i5 4670K Results Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not so sure it's a great one. Member: PolRoger has the best of the all on the results board.
I did play with it a bit but was't too happy with the gain of 100Mhz for higher heat and voltage.
Though, I did ran SuperPI 32M at 5GHz with it.

Meh, 5 Ghz, big hoot. Some people call those golden chips.:screwy: Thanks for bothering to check it out tho. :salute:

Wait a tic..

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congrats! Well, my curiosity is satisfied. My chip no longer stays cool under load at 1.4 V so I'm going to redo the paste (I did the credit card method:rain:). It's worth a shot. Aw darnit that reminds me my 770 HOF was DOA. But I'm getting off topic.:chair:

Hey Sam you may wanna try Prime95. Aida64 seems to be the least challenging stability test I have found.

Prime is the hardest, followed by Asus Realbench, then Intel XTU, and then finally Aida64.

I'm having to add nearly .1V to my 4.5HT OC compared to Aida64.

Just a heads up. Plus prime also uses the AVX instructions like Aida64.

XTU = Prime95 ;)
AIDA is great if you are testing higher overclocked memory. It shows errors faster than Prime95. Anyway if you check stability then best is to use more than one test.

Finally got my setup up and running! What kinds of idle temps are you guys seeing? I'm at 30C [email protected]. Seems a little bit higher than what I'm expecting since my 6 core 980X was around that at 4.2G....

Wanna make sure I don't have to reseat the heatsink before I get started

Edit: Just remember about the on chip VREGs... that may be why. silly intel

It does seem high, at bone stock my idle temps are more like 24C, but then, the house was a bit chilly and idling my multiplier drops to 2 and voltage also goes WAY down. Are you setting it to 3.9 manually, then watch it idle? B/c I wonder if it's worth the time, you find out more about your chip once you start putting it under load. Some chips dissipate heat better than others. Good luck!

It does seem high, at bone stock my idle temps are more like 24C, but then, the house was a bit chilly and idling my multiplier drops to 2 and voltage also goes WAY down. Are you setting it to 3.9 manually, then watch it idle? B/c I wonder if it's worth the time, you find out more about your chip once you start putting it under load. Some chips dissipate heat better than others. Good luck!

Mine is set to always run at 3.9GHz. I turned off the drop to 2 multiplier setting.

new 4670K looks like this:
4.2GHz - 1.2V
4.4GHz - 1.25V
4.5GHz - 1.36V ( not even booting below 1.35V )
4.6GHz - not stable at all and to boot it needs 1.4V+

Your 4670 running a lot like my 4770, if it's any consolation. Yep, the similarities are striking. I was happy with mine, but I see you've been through a few chips now without any breakaway performance. Be happy with a decent chip... :borg:

Since I'm using it for benching only then it's pretty useless for me except maybe memory tests but for that even worst haswell is good.
My 4770K went to overclocking valhalla couple of days ago so there is a chance that I get something better from RMA, hard to say.

I had a chance to exchange 4670K to another one and is slightly better:

4.4GHz 1.20V
4.5GHz 1.25-1.26V
4.6GHz 1.30-1.32V

View attachment 139492

For some reason all Malay chips that I had were overclocking bad and all Costa Rica were at least above average. Quality supposed to be the same but many other users are also reporting that Costa Rica chips are better.

I will push this higher soon, but so far I am happy at 4.2 GHz, 1.136V vcore, 25c idle and 68c load 24x7. Looks promising. Stability tested with IBT, Prime 95 and AIDA64. I haven't tried XTU, but have just downloaded it.

Wow. I love the interface on XTU! Everything you need to know about the OC and graphs presented very well indeed. Like offset, mode, I notice you don't get the additional voltage boost like you do with p95/IBT and others, which is good. It doesn't seem to stress as much though - I am not getting anywhere near the temps I get with IBT or P95.

but, Turbo boost power max = 4095W, processor current limit = 1024 A! Better get a better PSU ;-)

heh. i was almost sad to try to bin this cpu as per the front page article and only got 4.4 so [email protected] but i guess that isnt so bad after all!

I havent really messed with it too terribly much. just got it setup on the weekend and liquid cooling installed last night. so literally came home, hammered a voltage and multi on it and started it up.

are there any other cpu settings i need to mess with? do you disable turbo boost or anything else or just set the multi and volts?

I kinda miss the fsb days but so far its been set and forget, at 4.4 at least.

When you overclock the new CPUs with the multiplier, it is the turbo that is multiplying to give you the overclock so disabling turbo has no effect.

Yesterday 4770K came back from RMA.
Malay chip and is clocking about the same as my old 4770K so:
4.2GHz 1.20V
4.4GHz 1.25V
4.5GHz 1.32V
Max boot on ss the same as my 4670K but needs higher voltage.

Hey guys! Noob here! Lol. I'm looking at these results and I would kill for a chip that would do 4.4. My i5 tops out 4.2 @ 1.230 vcore. No clock higher than that is stable on prime or aida. I'm not home right now or I would post results for you guys. Anyone still tracking this thread?

Someone always pokes their head in. Is it your cooling that's limiting you ?

Back