• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help filling in the HWbot submissions etc!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajay57

Yes i am right at a new beginning of a new journey into Bench Marking, but with the right advice and help. I hope to enjoy a new side to this great hobby of ours and help make some sort of contribution to the Team and community. :attn: ;)

Its pretty self explanatory really. There are rules for each benchmark and example screenshots of what is required for each benchmark at hwbot. Where are you getting hung up at? Hard to help if you haven't tried yet or don't let us know where you need help.

Many thanks ED for the reply, just kindly look at this and say where i am going wrong!! Sorry for the bad picture ED, but just can not get things right today!! All the other fields are correct, but it will not accept my submissions period. AJ.

Whats this please??

Failed to convert property value of type java.lang.String to required type java.math.BigDecimal for property cpuoc; nested exception is java.lang.NumberFormatException.

Snap 2013-08-18 at 14.36.45.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i am right at a new beginning of a new journey into Bench Marking, but with the right advice and help. I hope to enjoy a new side to this great hobby of ours and help make some sort of contribution to the Team and community. :attn: ;)

Didn't realize you weren't a bencher before. I've a feeling you'll do well. ;)
GL and welcome to the most wallet emptying, non-ilegal addiction you will ever encounter. See you round the bot I'm sure. :)

Thanks QuickFast will try anything to get this to work, so long as its in the rules. AJ.

The other thing it will not accept my new card as WATER COOLED, What do i need to do?? And in the list for my hardware it seems you can not change anything or up date to your new components!!

Mine is still looking for my old card the HD 7970 6 GB!! It seems to me there is a lot of Glitches to this system unless you know the ropes as they say.

Last edited:
Yes it works at last thanks everyone will now try to up load all my score and results. AJ.

The comma is what was causing the script to bomb, HWBot uses a period for such things.
("100.5" is good, "100,5" will bomb)

Also, typically you should only input numbers into those fields. For units (Mhz, *C, etc.) just input the numbers, or fields that have to be filled in with words (Core i7, 2600k, G.Skill, etc), you will have a drop down.

Thanks Chance and Bob got my first 5.7 points on the board now and feeling a lot better, so now its up we go and benching for points. AJ. ;) :thup:

Sorry i forgot to mention in all the excitement i Reg for Team OCF!!

Last edited:
The ones that give the most points are the ones that are most popular.

Edit: Once you learn some of our secrets you'll get better points :thup:

Last edited:
Can you list them for me Atmin please, so i can concentrate on those etc??? AJ.

Well for all my best efforts here i seem to be stuck at 6 points, which ever bench mark i try its just minor points for hardware and little else!! Mind you i am enjoying the new experience and the new set up is just breezing through it. Well if anyone can give me a heads up and point me in the right direction thanks! AJ. :shrug: :attn:

Its pretty self explanatory really. There are rules for each benchmark and example screenshots of what is required for each benchmark at hwbot. Where are you getting hung up at? Hard to help if you haven't tried yet or don't let us know where you need help.

Self explanatory? How do you figure?

There are about 100 fields, which most newbies think are necessary to fill out... When in reality you only have to fill in about 4 things - the score, the hardware you got the score on, and the attached pictures, then place a check that you read and agreed to the rules.

In my opinion, if it had a required section at the top of the submission page, then a separate section for other details below that. I think that would make it more self explanatory.

Well for all my best efforts here i seem to be stuck at 6 points, which ever bench mark i try its just minor points for hardware and little else!! Mind you i am enjoying the new experience and the new set up is just breezing through it. Well if anyone can give me a heads up and point me in the right direction thanks! AJ. :shrug: :attn:

This is where we all start with benching. I was benching a lot of AMD starting out, and even with LN2 the points were mostly small potatoes. Over time, if you want to compete for a lot of points, the key is to benchmark the most popular hardware, and do it with cooling that is better than what a lot of other people use.

One way to get an idea of what sort of scores you COULD get, is to search hwbot for the hardware you want to bench, and filter results by the type of cooling you plan to use. The top ranked results on your cooling will show how many points are possible to get.

Back