• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is Newegg.com starting to suck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never done business with Amazon, i typically stay away from ebay-esc stuff

Ebay and Amazon are completely different. Amazon is a webpage that directs you to companies, you buy an item from the company through amazon and amazon takes care of the shipping for you much like Newegg buys from intel etc. etc. and then ships the product to you.

There's no bidding or anything like that, if someone asked me to recommend Amazon I'd have no problems doing it :thup:

I like Amazon, just make sure you're actually buying an ATI 5970 from "Amazon" or "Amazon Warehouse" and not something like "123videocardsinc.com"

I knew those TV commercials would be the death of them! :bang head:

Fortunately I've still had 0 issues, but I guess that makes me worried if I would have an issue.

I thought it was trying to make their web site more like someone pee'd on Facebook that is bringing down Newegg? Hard to find "special" price, more effort to look for things, and customer service typical of outsourced non English speaking country.

Kohta, since it looks like Newegg doesn't give a crap about checking for problems on the forums any more, I just had an idea. Have you ever rated them at Resellerratings.com? If not, then register and rate them on this order. With all the problems you have had, it should be very easy to truthfully low rate their service and support. If you have rated them before, then modify the earlier review with low ratings. They used to be extremely sensitive to getting low rated at RR and unless their policy has changed there, should get some reaction by them to you. Even if it doesn't, it gives them a public black eye, which in your case it sounds like they deserve.

I have been seeing more and more problem threads being posted concerning Newegg dealings and this is troubling to me, as they have in the past been the main store I shop at. But more and more I have been looking elsewhere lately because of the increase in problem threads here on the forums.

mudd

nice idea Mudd, I was also going to toss out going/reporting to the BBB (better business bureau) wouldn't be a bad idea.

I disagree - the OP is just pointing out that Newegg have outsourced customer service to its detriment; it's well known that outsourcing adversely affects service. It's certainly not racist to point this out. If it is, well Harriet Harman has won.

I disagree - the OP is just pointing out that Newegg have outsourced customer service to its detriment; it's well known that outsourcing adversely affects service. It's certainly not racist to point this out. If it is, well Harriet Harman has won.

There are millions upon millions of genuine Americans with 'foreign' names. Devaluing someone because their name doesn't sound white enough (as the OP clearly did) is as racist as it gets.

In the context of the post I disagree that this is racism, but I've asked some of the other moderators for their opinions.

OP: Sorry to slightly derail the thread here.

There are millions upon millions of genuine Americans with 'foreign' names. Devaluing someone because their name doesn't sound white enough (as the OP clearly did) is as racist as it gets.

I completely agree, and I'm surprised you're the first one to bring it up. The OP clearly like the named 'Caroline,' but dismissed her completely and was upset after seeing a Chinese last name. I'm not sure how that isn't racist?

I completely agree, and I'm surprised you're the first one to bring it up. The OP clearly like the named 'Caroline,' but dismissed her completely and was upset after seeing a Chinese last name. I'm not sure how that isn't racist?

Sorry to continue the off-topic rant going on but I really don't think the OP was trying to be racist. He was trying to convey his frustration of working with the outsourced, not-properly-trained foreign employee that he was assigned to. I mean let's be honest guys, let's flip the script and say a Chinese customer called an American customer service support center... and had some American person with broken Chinese the entire time, would they be upset? I am going to make the strong presumption that they would be. It's not racist to be upset that the person was not trained to be bilingual. Let's not make this more than it is. IMO people are way too emotionally charged about everything.

Sorry to continue the off-topic rant going on but I really don't think the OP was trying to be racist. He was trying to convey his frustration of working with the outsourced, not-properly-trained foreign employee that he was assigned to. I mean let's be honest guys, let's flip the script and say a Chinese customer called an American customer service support center... and had some American person with broken Chinese the entire time, would they be upset? I am going to make the strong presumption that they would be. It's not racist to be upset that the person was not trained to be bilingual. Let's not make this more than it is. IMO people are way too emotionally charged about everything.

The CEO of Newegg is named Fred Chang. Should we just shop elsewhere altogether?

Continuing on-topic...

Kohta, in addition to providing a bad Reseller Ratings review and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, you may also consider filing a formal complaint for fraud with the US Department of Commerce. Once the bank lawyers get through with them, they'll have to deal with a DOC indictment. If that doesn't wake them up, nothing will.

Continuing off-topic...

I find the idea of insisting on American English idiom and accent during transactions a bit more than bizarre. For much of the rest of the world, it's multicultural and multilingual. Although English remains the lingua franca, making a sincere effort at understanding one another, regardless of English proficiency, is simply a part of everyday life. Getting upset, or being derisive of another person's speech marks you as mean-spirited or odd at best.

That said, the only thing I find more bizarre than Americans who are intolerant of those for whom English is a second language are Americans who don't bother to take the time to improve their command of their native tongue.

Last edited:
The CEO of Newegg is named Fred Chang. Should we just shop elsewhere altogether?

Look Rat I don't know what your deal is, but let's have it be noted that I am NOT defending the OP's way of expressing his frustration. You should at least attempt to wrap your mind around the possibility that he was coming from a non-racial point of view before concluding outright that he is some racist. Has he made several posts on here that would really make that argument concrete?

With that newegg CEO comment I am getting the impression that you want to see things from just one point of view, which is sort of unfortunate. I am going to buy from Newegg like I have for several years, regardless of who is running it, and regardless of what their ethnicity is, as long as I have a satisfactory customer experience. Don't be childish and try to spin this thread off into more topics of debate.

Has he made several posts on here that would really make that argument concrete?

I did indeed take the OPs posting history into account.

In the interests of keeping this civil, I won't respond to the other stuff.

***back-on-topic***

Condolences to the OP, my dealings with Newegg have mostly been trouble-free for the [nearly] ten years that I've been a customer.

With the economy in the pooper, it's a gimme that business has been down for Newegg; the recent TV ads is another indicator.

Next person who tries to derail this thread will have me to deal with, understand? This thread is about the total lack of support from Newegg, which may or may not be due to them outsourcing their support. And maybe the OP was a little insensitive in the way he worded it, but I can fully understand his frustration in dealing with non-native English speaking customer service agents. I had an @SS-full of that myself when I was on Direcway/Hughesnet and it is extremely frustrating when trying to explain to someone a problem and English is a 2nd or 3rd language to them. So let's drop all this racism cr@p and get along with the main problem, which is Newegg screwing around with the OP's money!

And I just checked and the Newegg support account still hasn't been checked since the 11th.:mad: Looks like SuperBiiz and Mwave will be seeing much more of my business in the future, because I am not happy seeing the way this has gone.:mad:

I'm with you using other retailers. I've been driving to microcenter every few months with friends.

Didn't know about superbiiz. I did know about mwave. Do they have accounts here? Maybe they should.

Back