• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus RMA for repairs under warranty, or lack thereof

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Who is running their RMA department?

They received the board on March 22nd, and today I call and find out that it just reached their repair department YESTERDAY, because they apparently couldn't find it, and they just started testing it TODAY!

So, it's been nearly a month on this one RMA (including the previous one for the same issues it is now over a month), and now the support person I spoke with today informs me that it will be another ten to fourteen days before I can potentially receive some kind of motherboard back once they finish testing it.

If this was the motherboard for my main computer I'd be pulling my hair out by now.

Who is running their RMA department?

They received the board on March 22nd, and today I call and find out that it just reached their repair department YESTERDAY, because they apparently couldn't find it, and they just started testing it TODAY!

So, it's been nearly a month on this one RMA (including the previous one for the same issues it is now over a month), and now the support person I spoke with today informs me that it will be another ten to fourteen days before I can potentially receive some kind of motherboard back once they finish testing it.

If this was the motherboard for my main computer I'd be pulling my hair out by now.

Their whole RMA department seems to be a mess. Seems there is either poor or no management at all, their status tracking system is terrible, and no one there ever seems to have any clue as to what state your board is in.

Called again yesterday, and was told they had no record of my RMA number/case number and that they would have to contact the repair dept. to see what the status was in order to see if they could find out anything.

Supposedly they should hear something back within 24-hours. We'll see...

After refusing to pay $133 to have my board repaired, I opted to have them just ship it back. They said if I didn't fax my credit card info by April 11th, it would be shipped back on the 12th unrepaired. So I waited until the 18th hoping I would at least get a return shipping number, or the RMA status update would update to "product return".

After not receiving the board or getting any contact, I up and gave them a call. Of course the guy I reached was "motherboard support", but he had no idea on the status of my board. So while I was waiting, he called over to the RMA department and they told him they hadn't shipped out my board yet, 1 week after they send the would automatically ship it back.... He promised it would be shipped back either that day, or Thursday. Still no update to the RMA status page, and of course no e-mail from them. I know Ground shipping normally takes a week or so, so if I don't have it back a week from today I'm gonna call them again :rolleyes:

So wait... They wanted you to pay for a RMA? Wasn't it under warranty? Everything about that just seems wrong. I know ill be sticking to my EVGA mobo's after seeing this.

So wait... They wanted you to pay for a RMA? Wasn't it under warranty? Everything about that just seems wrong. I know ill be sticking to my EVGA mobo's after seeing this.

Physical damage isn't covered under any companies warranty. If you read back a couple pages ASUS said they found a scratched memory lane.

Oh, I just threw in the bin an m5a97 Pro this morning...

Bios flash went wrong...

I called Asus support (in France), and they told me I had to go through the reseller. Which I did. It was a used MoBo (I have the invoice) and the reseller asked me a "transfer of property" from the previous owner (not a clue on how to contact him...).

So, I contacted again the Asus support, explaining to them that I could not get the first owner details, and they replied that they could not do anything...

Asked for a manager, same answer!

So, after fifteen 9mm clips and thirty 7.62/39 rounds, I put all the small mobo pieces in the garbage bin, together with any thought of buying Asus products in the future...

Oh, I just threw in the bin an m5a97 Pro this morning...

Bios flash went wrong...

I called Asus support (in France), and they told me I had to go through the reseller. Which I did. It was a used MoBo (I have the invoice) and the reseller asked me a "transfer of property" from the previous owner (not a clue on how to contact him...).

So, I contacted again the Asus support, explaining to them that I could not get the first owner details, and they replied that they could not do anything...

Asked for a manager, same answer!

So, after fifteen 9mm clips and thirty 7.62/39 rounds, I put all the small mobo pieces in the garbage bin, together with any thought of buying Asus products in the future...

All I can say about this post:

:pics:

I want to see destruction!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

All I can say about this post:

:pics:

I want to see destruction!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

I agree... But I was so pi...d off that I did not even think about taking any pic!

All that I can say is that grabbing all the shells was quicker than picking all the MoBo pieces:rofl:

Well, this should have been expected.

They (Asus) are now refusing to repair my board, claiming that I somehow caused physical damage to it which caused the issues I am having, and are furthermore demanding that I pay them to fix it (UNDER WARRANTY!).

I'm thoroughly pissed.

They (Asus) are now refusing to repair my board, claiming that I somehow caused physical damage to it which caused the issues I am having, and are furthermore demanding that I pay them to fix it (UNDER WARRANTY!).

I'm thoroughly pissed.

They can so screw themselves as far as I'm concerned :mad: Since I don't know for sure if the scratch in my board was there before I sent it in, it's making me wonder if somehow it "magically" appeared at the RMA place and they were trying to pin it on me?

WOW. And I just picked up 2 Asus DCII GTX570 vid cards and a Crosshair V Formula. I thought ASUS had become a better company, but looks like they are till up to their same ol BS like they were back in 2000.

in 2000, I had a Asus board go bad, It took 4 months from the day I shipped it, to the day I got a replacement, The replacement I got, was my same mobo (serial #'s matched) with the same issue. But since it took so long, I picked up a Abit board at the time, and was just gona build another system when I got the Asus back.
It took me 12 years to buy another Asus product, the DCII GTX570 and Crosshair V. Looks like I will probably not buy another asus product.

live and learn- again!
its sad when a company has zero care for its consumers.
when I sent my board back the second time, they tried to blame me for the delay. Stating that I had sent it to the wrong address. Till I reminded them that they email me the shipping label. At least I wasnt refused warranty or requested to pay money for a covered product.
Asrock and gigabyte are looking better by the day

Interestingly the 4850 I RMA'd about a year ago came back functional. I didn't hear anything from them during the month or so between me sending it and me getting it back, but they didn't try to weasel either.
Regardless I cannot say I'm impressed by Asus right now!

This must be isolated to the American RMA department.

When I killed my gtx 580 matrix I had a new one at my door in 2 weeks. No hassel or run around.

It is unfortunate to hear of all this crap going on down there.

I'm thoroughly pissed.

Enter a complaint with your attorney general, leave them better business bureau feedback, and move on with your life. This thread will likely go further than either of the two actions I just mentioned. Plus Nebulous had his thread and issue. Asus has basically lost a TON of business on this forum alone thanks to their stupidity. I'm definitely never buying anything from them again after what I've read here. What's scary is how many people have shown up and said "Oh, I had the same thing happen". What a joke. :bang head

Enter a complaint with your attorney general, leave them better business bureau feedback, and move on with your life. This thread will likely go further than either of the two actions I just mentioned. Plus Nebulous had his thread and issue. Asus has basically lost a TON of business on this forum alone thanks to their stupidity. I'm definitely never buying anything from them again after what I've read here. What's scary is how many people have shown up and said "Oh, I had the same thing happen". What a joke. :bang head

Starting with me: Asrock Z77 Fatality Pro-m on its way!

since my rma fiasco, I have purchased 2 giga boards and an asrock board. hope they feel at least a tiny bit of remorse for the way they treat those of us that buy their products at the usual "asus price" (highest of all boards)

Back