• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update Crap-a-damn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You said you turned off P95 Blend but WAS HWMonitor open and running logging min and max temps and volts before and during the time you let P95 Blend run up to the time you turned off P95 Blend?
RGone...

No as I only just got HWMonitor mate

You said you turned off P95 Blend but WAS HWMonitor open and running logging min and max temps and volts before and during the time you let P95 Blend run up to the time you turned off P95 Blend?
RGone...

I'll run it again and leave them both open to look, I'll screenshot it too

These are the same pics just different times that's all, look at how long it had been running before jumping straight up to 70c, then I think 1 minute in it hit 75c then 3 - 4 minutes in 86c

Attachments

• Shot1.png
    Shot1.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 100
  • shot3.png
    shot3.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 100
  • shot2.png
    shot2.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 99
Your temps are most horrible and I am in shock the board didn't thermally shut off....

Stop stress testing this cpu. Your going to end it's life very early with core temps like that.

Beginning to wonder if HWMonitor is reading this correctly??

What does the bios say the temps are in the monitoring section?

Your temps are most horrible and I am in shock the board didn't thermally shut off....

Stop stress testing this cpu. Your going to end it's life very early with core temps like that.

Yeah I don't plan on stress testing it anymore, I DO play games but short periods of time and the TOPS I let it get to it 65c (which it don't often hit that)

I've had this CPU quite a while, I personally thing it's the CPU Thermal paste been junk, or the heatsink bottom been warped as I've taken CPU heatsink off (don't worry I put new thermal paste on) and it's only spread across the center of the CPU and the edges ain't got no thermal paste on (I put a small pea sized blob on about 5.5mm in size)

Beginning to wonder if HWMonitor is reading this correctly??

What does the bios say the temps are in the monitoring section?

They both match up correctly, whatever HW said the bios said it as well just minus a few degrees (due to the computer not needing as much CPU use to load the bios)

Well the bios will load 1 core, usually core# 0 is your read out....

Ya man. You need a new cooler, or need to apply thermal grease to the one you have because it's acting like the cooler was removed and then put back on but the TIM wasn't replaced or something.... Big no no.

You really need to do something about that cooling issue above and beyond even buying a new motherboard. The new board won't repair this heat issue.

Well the bios will load 1 core, usually core# 0 is your read out....

Ya man. You need a new cooler, or need to apply thermal grease to the one you have because it's acting like the cooler was removed and then put back on but the TIM wasn't replaced or something.... Big no no.

You really need to do something about that cooling issue above and beyond even buying a new motherboard. The new board won't repair this heat issue.

Cheap Thermal paste mate, gonna get some Arctic MX-2, MX-4 or some Silver 5, either one will help the CPU a hell of a lot than this cheap gold junk that's on it now!

Cheap Thermal paste mate, gonna get some Arctic MX-2, MX-4 or some Silver 5, either one will help the CPU a hell of a lot than this cheap gold junk that's on it now!

Nah not even cheap thermal paste does THAT bad..... just sayin' :shrug:

I'm with you Manny has to be a bad mount. Or just no air flow at all in his case.

Probably a combination of things.

Jethro, when you get some more TIM pay close attention to how you apply it. Most use the pea-sized blob in the center method. Don't try to spread it after you deposit the blob on the CPU face. Just carefully and evenly lower the cooler down and let the clamping pressure spread the TIM between the two flat surfaces. If the cooler uses tension threads or nuts, make sure you tighten them in an "X" pattern a little bit at a time to get even pressure.

And when you remove the cooler to do this, pay attention to the spread pattern as that will give you a clue as to how well the coverage was.

After remounting the cooler I would then rerun some stress tests to see if the cooler remount helped. Then remove the side panel and rerun the stress test to see if poor case ventilation has been part of your problem.

Probably a combination of things.

Jethro, when you get some more TIM pay close attention to how you apply it. Most use the pea-sized blob in the center method. Don't try to spread it after you deposit the blob on the CPU face. Just carefully and evenly lower the cooler down and let the clamping pressure spread the TIM between the two flat surfaces. If the cooler uses tension threads or nuts, make sure you tighten them in an "X" pattern a little bit at a time to get even pressure.

And when you remove the cooler to do this, pay attention to the spread pattern as that will give you a clue as to how well the coverage was.

After remounting the cooler I would then rerun some stress tests to see if the cooler remount helped. Then remove the side panel and rerun the stress test to see if poor case ventilation has been part of your problem.

I applied it the way you said......

those temps are nuts. I know before I had put on the hyper 212 and AS5 on my cpu in about 5 min of prime they would hit about 65 without being overclocked. Now I am overclocked to 4.6 and dont even hit 55. These guys deffinitely know what they are talking about. Good luck with getting your temps down and welcome.

Just spewing out things:
What case is it?
What are your ambient temperatures?
Do the temps drop when you take the side panel off?
Was there a strip of plastic film on the heatsink and if so was it taken of?
I'm still thinking it's a bad mount do you still have the stock heatsink and if so put it on and see what the temps are.

Just spewing out things:
What case is it?
What are your ambient temperatures?
Do the temps drop when you take the side panel off?
Was there a strip of plastic film on the heatsink and if so was it taken of?
I'm still thinking it's a bad mount do you still have the stock heatsink and if so put it on and see what the temps are.

What case is it? What case? It's a Chassis without sides, and front due to it been even hotter I mean 65c on idle.....
What are your ambient temperatures? Cold enough to wanna ware a jumper
Do the temps drop when you take the side panel off? See answer 1
Was there a strip of plastic film on the heatsink and if so was it taken of? (Off*) and yeah that's been taken off
I'm still thinking it's a bad mount do you still have the stock heatsink and if so put it on and see what the temps are. No don't have the stock heatsink anymore and no as I don't have anymore thermal paste.....

Stupid heatsink (After market) one that DOESN'T do it's job

OK I gotta do my job though and get right down to the bottom of it all.

First.. what cooler?

second... Can you take a picture of this cooler while it's mounted. Don't take it off. And when you take the picture, try and find at least 3 angles so we can really see how it is mounted.

Thirdly, how does it feel when you mount this thing? Is there a good amount of mounting pressure, or does this "after market" cooler feel loose??

I'm asking this stuff to try and help not mock you. Perhaps we can do a washer/coin mod under the mounting retention bracket to increase mounting pressure. Or find an alternative way to mount this heat sink or even dig in my box of stuff and find you a heat sink that can cool this chip lol.

Something.....

Back