• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Enermax Liqtech 240 HP Liquid Cooler Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Once known only for being a supplier of quality power supplies, Enermax has expanded their product line over the past several years. They now provide cases, cooling products, and a host of peripherals to computer enthusiasts. Today, we'll be looking at their latest all-in-one CPU water cooler, the Liqtech 240 HP. This all-in-one CPU cooler is armed with Enermax's unique water block and a 240 mm radiator, but how well does it perform? Let's take it for a spin and find out.
... Return to article to continue reading.

I bought this cooler a couple of months ago and was very disappointed in it's cooling performance. I remounted the pump/heat plate and everything. Performance was so far off what I thought it should be I wondered if something was malfunctioning and I returned it via Amazon. I also suspect the pump may be a little weak on this unit.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I bought mine about 1 month ago and it runs better than i expected. I had trouble mounting the fans on the rad, only 3/4 screws matched the holes, but other than that i don't have any other bad things to say about this aio. I have an i5 6600k clocked at 4.4 running at stock voltage, 1.25 and it's idleing at 27 celsius and high 30s at full load with fans at 1k rpm, maybe it'll run at high 40s in the hot summer, but i can up the rpms anytime if needed. At this point the aio is almost unoticeable, my grapichs card coil whine is louder than the anyway.:D still if you max out the fans you will surely hear them, they're very loud, but doig a great job though.

Old thread! :)

Define 'full load'? Those sound like web browsing/email temps...seems hardly like it would be a full load. What happens when you run a stress test like P95 for 30 mins+ (full load)? ;)

Enermax cooler

Possibly just a bad apple but my < 1 year old Enermax 240 liquid cooler pump developed a small leak that eventually caused a capacitor on my Asus motherboard to fail. I don't know what type of liquid they use but did not seem like water because the residue left on the motherboard (from the pump down to the capacitor) seemed a bit oily. Luckily only the motherboard (and the cooler obviously) had to be replaced. I have no idea if this is a common problem with closed loop liquid cpu coolers or not but my god, talk about massive Ozone stench...

If the capacitor was of the oil-filled type that oily residue could be from the cap not from the cooler.

Back