• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Lian Li PC65B Plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deception``

Last edited by a moderator:
BulldogMcC said:
If you are going to watercool, why buy a unit with a vent tube to bring fresh air overtop the CPU?

I have no immediate intentions of watercooling. However, it is nice to know that one could stick a heatercore down there without a big hassle.

Also, the air duct to the processor is an accessory that can be removed.

deception``

sandman001 said:
Actually, a heatercore won't fit down there, a BIX might, but not a heatercore.

Yeah you're probably right. I thought I could squeeze one down there by setting it on its side, but it's probably too tight a fit. But A BIX or BIP probably do the trick :)

deception``

Cid said:
If the rear exhast was 120mm, this would be highly considered, however, i'm waiting for the Antec P180 ;)

Lian LI has a PC 7B that has a rear 120mm hole, but no removable motherboard tray :-/

deception``

That case looks almost identical to mine. I think it is awesome, and I will probably snag one for my next case too. I love the 120mm fans and how the floppy drive cage is trimmed down to hold just the two floppies. I had to hack mine to make room for my shroud. The dual floppy slots also make for a sweet looking bay-res location :) I give it :thup: :thup:

AC

I have the LianLi PC-65 (older model I guess), it has 2 80mm fans in the front. While it is a beautiful case, it isn't the best for overclocking, as the 2 80's aren't very high speed and don't cool to well. Maybe the single 120mm and the cpu airduct are vast improvements, I don't know, as mine doesn't have them.

Cid, if you read that Anandtech review, there IS a 120MM rear exhaust - it's set up in a unique way, similar to a slot cooler or "squirrelcage" fan.

In looking at this setup, it seems very likely that warm air from the rear exhaust would be sucked into the rear intake. It would be easy enough to make a down-facing rear exhaust guide though.

Back