• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could someone post some screens with a radeon 64 meg drr please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

And am thinking of getting one..I have heard that they have very good picture quality.

I was wondering how can you tell if a Radeon produces a good picture from a posting, as the picture quality you view is limited by the ability of the card and screen you view it with .. just a thought

Well thats halfway true..the card that I have does limit the quality of the pics ...but not that much..those look good...but Im still not sure if a should grab a radeon and wait for gf3 price to come down.....

thanks harderclock

In those two pictures the radeon has far superior texture crispness. But remember if you have a fast geforce, ie an Ultra or GF3 for the expense of speed you can chuck ansitropic filtering on.

At a low level of Ansitropic filtering the geforce is still faster than the radeon AND the picture quality is greater. Highest levels of ansitropic filtering are too slow to use but the picture quality is comparable to the difference in pics with and without FSAA.

The thing to remember though is that the radeon outputs sharper colours too both at 2D and 3D levels. This is unfortunately one thing that nVidia has not matched yet. I would swap my GF3 for a Radeon 64Mb VIVO anyday if I just used my pc for 2D applications.

Angry (Jun 23, 2001 04:25 a.m.):
Well thats halfway true..the card that I have does limit the quality of the pics ...but not that much..those look good...but Im still not sure if a should grab a radeon and wait for gf3 price to come down.....

thanks harderclock

Forget waiting for the GF3's price to come down! Wait for the Radeon II!

Pitspawn (Jun 26, 2001 04:15 p.m.):
In those two pictures the radeon has far superior texture crispness. But remember if you have a fast geforce, ie an Ultra or GF3 for the expense of speed you can chuck ansitropic filtering on.

At a low level of Ansitropic filtering the geforce is still faster than the radeon AND the picture quality is greater. Highest levels of ansitropic filtering are too slow to use but the picture quality is comparable to the difference in pics with and without FSAA.

The thing to remember though is that the radeon outputs sharper colours too both at 2D and 3D levels. This is unfortunately one thing that nVidia has not matched yet. I would swap my GF3 for a Radeon 64Mb VIVO anyday if I just used my pc for 2D applications.

The thing is anisotropic filtering only helps textures viewed from the side. Those pics from HardOCP were viewed straight-on. Basing my judgement only on that, I'd say a Geforce 2 with anisotropic filtering on would not look even as good as a Radeon with it off. Also the Geforce 2 only supports 2x anisotropic, while the Radeon supports up to 128x (via tweakers). From what I have seen the fps hit for anisotropic is VERY small on the Radeon.

So I really don't agree with what you are saying. Even with more speed and extra tricks the Geforce cannot match the image quality of the Radeon.

By the way, I think anisotropic filtering is the greatest thing since sliced bread. FSAA is just some crap cooked up by someone in marketing with a 15 inch monitor.

As for those two pics from HardOCP, they are not even close. If you can't see the difference between them, well, then I don't know what's wrong with your eyes ;-)

If your planning on getting a geforce 3 why not just get it now. You will have more time to enjoy it and you won't have spent 60 bucks or whatever on a radeon.

Then again you could always get the radeon and when you get the geforce 3 you could put the radeon in an older comp

If you had seen my other posts you would have seen that Im getting a Radeon :)

Back