• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The most complete compendum of P/Q graphs. (BIG)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cathar said:
Now what would be nice would be an interactive calculator and grapher.

Select the waterblock from a drop-down menu
Select the pump from a drop-down menu
Select the radiator from a drop-down menu
Select the fan(s) from a drop-down menu
Assume 2m of 1/2" tubing
Type in a heat-load

A whole mass of values and PQ curves comes out.

Of course this requires engineering level data for the devices in question.

Wasn't that the hopes of the water-cooling simulator discusions at procooling? I was led to belive that there was no way to make it acurate enough to be worth it, without the commitment of vast amounts of resources.

UberBlue.

You rock brother!

What with this, and the RBX/WW/Cascade comparison on the horizon, we've got a lot of lovely 'comparison food' to chow down on for the next little while :)

i am so glad we are finally getting to the stage in overclocking where it's like a science. once we have numbers like this on all sorts of components, we will never have to ask "what do you htink of my setup of A, B, and C?" because we can look to the charts to see how things perform. information sharing like this is so crucial to pushing this field where it needs to go. i applaud you uberblue. i should also recognize the good work cathar has done recently providing some similar documentation to us here.

great work folks, i hope it catches on.

I almost feel guilty for missing this thread and feel lazy for not doing my own math on this type of stuff (I do enough thermo/fluids for college I wouldn't know what it'd be like to do it for fun like water cooling). Nice compilation UberBlue.

As I currently feel a need to conform.....GOOD JOB!!

Hehe, No seriously that is definately some good work there. I also vote sticky for this thread! Great info that shouldn't be lost.

Voodoo Rufus said:
I almost feel guilty for missing this thread and feel lazy for not doing my own math on this type of stuff (I do enough thermo/fluids for college I wouldn't know what it'd be like to do it for fun like water cooling). Nice compilation UberBlue.

I missed the calcs and did my own calculations....what a waste of time, and mine weren't as good...good job, uberblue.

Re: what happened to the other graphs?

pauldenton said:
weren't there more, including a comparison of tubing size...?

OOPS... Yeah, there were. I deleted the PEB graphs because of an error in the interpretation of the formula used. Until I get my main rig back up they won't be replaced with the correct ones. I think I still have the tubing graph on my backup rig. If I do, it'll get posted in short order.

Re: Re: what happened to the other graphs?

UberBlue said:

OOPS... Yeah, there were. I deleted the PEB graphs because of an error in the interpretation of the formula used. Until I get my main rig back up they won't be replaced with the correct ones. I think I still have the tubing graph on my backup rig. If I do, it'll get posted in short order.

thanx. this is such a useful post......

Cathar said:
Now what would be nice would be an interactive calculator and grapher.

Select the waterblock from a drop-down menu
Select the pump from a drop-down menu
Select the radiator from a drop-down menu
Select the fan(s) from a drop-down menu
Assume 2m of 1/2" tubing
Type in a heat-load

A whole mass of values and PQ curves comes out.

Of course this requires engineering level data for the devices in question.

Despite knowing Cathar from OCAU and ProCooling, I never saw this posting or this thread until today. I'll take these graphs and refactor and cross check.

Whilst not meeting Cathar's "engineering level" for data, I've hacked something up, based on BillA's radiator tests and various other tests and posts around the web. Biggest "bug" is that when using 3/8" tubing I don't refactor blocks/rads for 3/8" barbs.

Latest version is still in development with me, but includes C/W calcs and approximates temps etc.

Approximator: www.uitp.com.au/cgi-bin/approximator.htm

Long Haired Git said:
Despite knowing Cathar from OCAU and ProCooling, I never saw this posting or this thread until today. I'll take these graphs and refactor and cross check.

Whilst not meeting Cathar's "engineering level" for data, I've hacked something up, based on BillA's radiator tests and various other tests and posts around the web. Biggest "bug" is that when using 3/8" tubing I don't refactor blocks/rads for 3/8" barbs.

Latest version is still in development with me, but includes C/W calcs and approximates temps etc.

Approximator: www.uitp.com.au/cgi-bin/approximator.htm

Want the Excel sheet with the source data?

Back