• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NO Case Mod WILL EVER BE THIS GOOD..EVER!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I came into the thread expecting that, and got that.

It really is a crazy mod. Now if he could stick some better parts in it...

Impressive and would be really attractive on a demo or show, but wouldn't put that thing in my room ever.
I wish I had what it takes even to something half that complicated, hopefully whoever did that is going to come out something with style.

It's impressive and obviously shows a great deal of skill, but I think it's quite an ugly and inelegant design. There are far too many nobbly bits and random spikes sticking out and the lighting should probably have been all one colour. It looks too much like what so many people try and do to the exterior of their cars.

>HyperlogiK< said:
It's impressive and obviously shows a great deal of skill, but I think it's quite an ugly and inelegant design. There are far too many nobbly bits and random spikes sticking out and the lighting should probably have been all one colour. It looks too much like what so many people try and do to the exterior of their cars.
Agreed... Looks fantastic but it's not practical in the least bit.

webdevour said:
Agreed... Looks fantastic but it's not practical in the least bit.
Yes, but are any of the things we do on these forums practical? Who needs a dual core running at 4ghz with a compressor strapped to it?

I think the designer suffered from a lack of overall vision, and kept adding cool looking bits to other cool looking bits without having an elegant overall plan.

>HyperlogiK< said:
I think the designer suffered from a lack of overall vision, and kept adding cool looking bits to other cool looking bits without having an elegant overall plan.

Like legos!

freakdiablo said:
Yes, but are any of the things we do on these forums practical? Who needs a dual core running at 4ghz with a compressor strapped to it?
I'm sure some of the things we do here are practical... Such as maximizing cooling and efficiency.

SeasonalEclipse said:
Like legos!
It does actually remind me of Legos or an Erector set.

Apparently, more people liked it, than disliked it, as I think it won best mod of the year or something like that. It makes me chuckle when people judge someones work like this, and then find they have pre-modded stuffs.

To me, this mod is up there with the Puzzle box, the doom3 case, Hangar 101, WMD and orac3. Spot on, G Another great case.

It looks impressive, and it must of taken some work, but I don't really like it. It's just a collection of bits that could have looked really cool used with other things, but together they just don't work.

I think it's pretty good, but not the best mod I've ever seen. But then again, taste is a finicky thing, all in the eye of the beholder, at any rate.

I like some parts of it, but what's with the legs? Seems like it has a lot of external, non-functional flair.

Springbok said:
I like some parts of it, but what's with the legs? Seems like it has a lot of external, non-functional flair.

he has met the minimum requirement for flair. its what, 15 pieces, yes? :)

IMO i think it looks utterly ugly and overly flashy, however, i give the guy props for making the case. V2 (i think it was?) imo is one of the best cases i've seen so far, but when it come to functionality and overall appearance i think people here have the upper hand (flushyguru comes to mind ;) )

Back