• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS4 vs Xbone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just sold the XB1 for $630 cash locally yesterday, so it still sells. It was an old friend's brother, so I'd knocked of $20, even though he was gonna give $650.

I may get another if/when I can, hold onto it for the Holidays, and if it doesn't sell, I'm keeping it. I almost regretted letting it go yesterday... looked so purty...

Oh out of the two systems... for right now... I would love to have the Xbox One. If only for Killer Instinct (I don't give a damned about any of the PS4 launch games).

Only problem is the Kinect voice commands... for some STUPID reason... are region locked. I mean I live in Germany... but I don't speak GERMAN! That's just stupid. I hate all these region restrictions. ALL of them. It's just stupid. I mean fortunately with xbox live I can switch the region to English US and just use Paypal as my payment option... but I shouldn't have to. I should be able to select "GERMANY->English."

Looked at a couple of stores around here and no Xbox One's at all. All sold out on Friday.

Thats 2x Targets, 2x Best Buys, 1x Game Stop. Had to do some errords so was running all over the place just to see what was in stock.

I know the PS4's where worse, because all the controllers where sold out at most stores around here. Least the Xbox you can get controllers LOL

That's cool. I'll have to check back at the stores tomorrow and see if they still have a million of them.

Last generation launch, to me, was all about Gears of War (which came out a few months after launc) and Uncharted (probably the best launch game since Mario Bros.)

Those were the two games that made you say "WOW... it's actually worth having one of these consoles..."

There's no such title on either system right now. There's no such title on the way anytime soon either. I've played Ghosts on PS4 and it was fine for what it was... but anyone that's already played it on PS3, Xbox, or... heaven forbid... PC... would just be like "Meh..."

The whole FPS market is over-saturated anyway. (How many COD games did we really need?)

People are dying for something new and original... and they were hoping the next gen would deliver out of the gate... but largely it hasn't. Everything new and original right now is happening in the previous gen.

(Also played Fifa 14 on PS4... I'll never understand the difference between different versions of soccer games...)

Well to add to my previous comment of Xbox Ones selling out all the time. Not true anymore.

2 stores now that have them in stock either a day or days after they have been delivered. So Xbox Ones can be relatively easy to get now. PS4's are still selling out within hours of door opening on shipment day.

Well to add to my previous comment of Xbox Ones selling out all the time. Not true anymore.

2 stores now that have them in stock either a day or days after they have been delivered. So Xbox Ones can be relatively easy to get now. PS4's are still selling out within hours of door opening on shipment day.

+1

Went back to the store I previously posted pictures from... and they still had Day One systems available. They took the black cover off of them... but it's the exact same systems with the game bundled and all that. And plenty of Day One Xbox Live 12 month memberships.

+1

Went back to the store I previously posted pictures from... and they still had Day One systems available. They took the black cover off of them... but it's the exact same systems with the game bundled and all that. And plenty of Day One Xbox Live 12 month memberships.

Yeah see people on Craigslist trying to sell off Day One consoles for a premium. Hard too when there is a good 100+ in the area asking $100-200 more than actual cost.

Wow. Few stores by me didn't receive their shipments of PS4s at all. I'll have to post a picture later of all the xboxs at this store. Big stock influx.

Thought our TV died (turned out to be a firmware upgrade) and there were tons of Xbones and not a single PS4 in sight. Got to seriously considering an Xbone and did some research and decided against it.

Apparently Microsoft in their infinite wisdom sold mediaroom to Erricson which means it will not be possible to use an Xbone as a genuine IPTV STB because they no longer have the rights or software anymore.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/08/microsoft-sells-mediaroom-to-ericsson/

So my singular reason to consider one as a all-in-one STB / media server / gaming system just got shot to ****. PS4 it is then

Thought our TV died (turned out to be a firmware upgrade) and there were tons of Xbones and not a single PS4 in sight. Got to seriously considering an Xbone and did some research and decided against it.

Apparently Microsoft in their infinite wisdom sold mediaroom to Erricson which means it will not be possible to use an Xbone as a genuine IPTV STB because they no longer have the rights or software anymore.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/08/microsoft-sells-mediaroom-to-ericsson/

So my singular reason to consider one as a all-in-one STB / media server / gaming system just got shot to ****. PS4 it is then

Wow... that's... insane. Isn't Erricson in partnership with Sony?

Why would they do that?

Wow... that's... insane. Isn't Erricson in partnership with Sony?

Why would they do that?

Yes Sony and Erricson are a joint venture so that is a damn good question lol.... So there is now absolutely nothing stopping them from adding mediaroom / IPTV support to the PS4 now.

Last edited:
They are in a partnership but the question is will Ericsson let Sony have access to the rights for it.

Question they said Ericsson... Is that now related to Ericsson Mobile Communication (or a division of it)

Just question is because at least on here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ericsson
or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Mobile_Communications

At least Ericsson mentions
One of Sweden's largest companies, it provides telecommunications and IP networking equipment including mobile broadband, cable TV, IPTV and video systems, and has an extensive services operation.

Yeah but Sony is still their biggest partner...

Phone wise... yes.
Ericsson could be using it for their own IPTV/Video systems.

Not trying to be negative about it just trying to see it from a different angle.

Back