• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Gaming build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imtehphilip

I am wanting to make a gaming build on Windows 7

The build im planning to buy is this
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2qLRr

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($193.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.99 @ Microcenter)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1057.88
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-27 00:47 EST-0500)

I want to be able to run high graphic games like Skyrim, Crysis 3, Arma 3, and Battlefield 4. Also be able to stream in HD without having any problems.

I will also be graphic designing, video editing and coding

Would I have any problems? Do you guys have any suggestions?

Last edited:
I would go off another person's list of parts as a lot of kernals are needed when doing a different OS. It looks like other people got your cpu to work, but unsure of graphics card. Maybe you should look into just running 7 with a VM of OSX

Coming from somone who's looked heavily into this; ie gaming on OSX. I personally found it easier to go the other way. Buy a mac mini or a macbook and do an eGPU setup via thunderbolt. You're far less likely to run into compatability issues unless you really are hellbent on doing a Hackintosh. It's going to end up being about $3-400 more than what you have now and wont be quite as fast but it depends on how much your time is worth.

I would look here:
http://www.hackintosh.com/#hackintosh_compatible

and here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/405-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-december-2013.html

Its not as easy as you'd think it would be so I hope you're prepared for what's ahead. Also I dont see a monitor listed, unless you plan on sub 1080P resolutions the 760 isn't going to be enough to game accecptably

Last edited:
Ok. I changed my mind. Im only doing gaming. and going to use VMware for OS X.

What do you guys think about my build? any suggestions?

Maybe look at a 4GB 760 or R9 270X if you will be running 1080p or higher. Other than that, my only other suggestion would be maybe look into a Full Tower case so you have a bit more room to work.

Back