• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diablo 3 is official :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, they do have a pretty polished game play video. It's possible.

That looks epic. I'm really really glad they didn't screw with perfection and make it a MUMORPUGA or something.

With starcraft 2 and diablo 3- the coming years will be some of the best gaming years for me :beer:

Heh I want to watch it again but the site won't even load now :D

I'll start a little bit of discussion.

I saw that there are only going to be 5 classes, 2 of which are the barb and the new witchdoctor. I wonder which Diablo 2 classes they are taking out. The witchdoctor is basically a sorc + necro, and the assassin was always kinda meh, I don't think the necro or assassin will be in diablo 3. Another class might be a amazon / assassin mix, where you're a ranged shooter with traps (pretty much a hunter in World of Warcraft). Then another class might be a druid / paladin mix, where you get forms + auras + group buffs.

Since there are only 5 classes, I think there will be more focus on synergy and team play. Or maybe there will be way more abilities per class so they will be much more diversified as a single class. I'm thinking there will be a lot more hybrid specs, because in Diablo 2 you pretty much just maxed 1 ability and just played like that, lightning sorc, WW barb, etc. Now it looks like you'll be able to use 5-10 abilities pretty easily, which I really like because you'll be able to play with more skill.

The story will obviously be amazing, hopefully longer acts ;)

Last edited:
With starcraft 2 and diablo 3- the coming years will be some of the best gaming years for me :beer:

I'm fully prepared to be let down by Starcraft 2. Looks like more of the same, and I got bored of the original about 2 years ago.

Should be possible been in development for 4 years and looks great, sure hope it does come out by end of oct. :beer:woot

YES YES YES YES YES YES

This is amazing! Diablo and Diablo II/LOD are up there with the greatest games ever made, and this looks to be right up there! Normally, after this announcement, I would be wondering what the classes will be, but I dont care, because I know I will have my BARBARIAN!

5 classes does seem kind of limited. Probably some kind of warrior/paladin to wear the heavy armor. Some kind of rogue\amazon. And I mean the Diablo kind of rogue, not the WoW kind of Rogue. And Witch Doctor or not, for gods sake they need a Sorcerer. I don't think I'll buy the game if it doesn't have Frozen Orb in it!!

I'm fully prepared to be let down by Starcraft 2. Looks like more of the same, and I got bored of the original about 2 years ago.

I agree on the letdown possibility, it seems more like Warcraft IV than SCII :shrug:

Story will be good though.

Anyone else do a little fist-pump when they saw this?

The thing is, you know its gonna be good.
Yes I did several times through the gameplay trailer. Also anyone notice the ending area looked like the Burial Grounds where you fought Blood Raven from Act 1 in D2. Ok yes I know I am a nerd and I can't wait for D3.:bday:

Back