• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[TF2] Next Class Achievements

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angel-of-Sorrow

It was confirmed last night that Heavy is next on the list for unlocks, yes, I know Im a day late, Im lazy. Anyways, the goal apparently is to find a way to make a Heavy a little less Medic reliant while still keeping him balanced. So yeah, read.

As Gabe mentioned in his lengthy response to an email recently, the next class pack will focus on the Heavy. For the Medic and Pyro packs we kept our goals for the pack pretty close to our chest, but for the Heavy we've decided to open up the process a little. Our hope is that you'll get a better insight into how we approach design problems, and have some fun thinking about the problem yourself. We do design collaboratively at Valve, and one of the side effects of it is that we really need to be able to evaluate design ideas as objectively as possible. Otherwise design meetings would devolve into subjective arguing. We've found that the best method of working objectively is to have clear goals up front. Once we've got clear goals, we can throw a bunch of ideas up on the board and measure how well each idea achieves those goals. Often the work of testing those ideas against the goals causes us to further refine or clarify the goals.

Source to more information about pack

I think they should give him a more focused gun, with some kickback maybe? That'd be pretty sweet cause no gun in TF2 has kickback.

Oh noes... with everyone as a heavy, that means games will be sooo sloooow!

I think they should give him a more focused gun, with some kickback maybe? That'd be pretty sweet cause no gun in TF2 has kickback.

Oh noes... with everyone as a heavy, that means games will be sooo sloooow!

That sounds about right, because his just sprays and does some nice damage if you can get someone. So... if it had a focused gun, with major kick back it would even out, maybe make it a little slow, but not to slow.

Darn. I was hoping they would leave 'my' class for last so by the time it came out, all the idiots who switch to whatever class has the latest unlocks would be bored.

oh man i cant wait for the update to roll out, everyone goes heavy, i go spy or sniper. man that will be fun

I've got 161 hours as Spy alone, so I assure you I'll enjoy the update.
After I get the unlocks, of course.

Until they unlock their new weapons.
Since the new weapons are going to be focused on non-reliant-Medic Heavy's.

nah. cause they are not going to make Heavies have the same survivaility without a Medic as with one, and I can still get in 2 head shots in fast enough to kill a Heavy with a Medic on him, so things shouldnt change

Heavy needs an accuracy buff. If you think about it, the Heavy gun is pretty useless at medium-long range. That makes the heavy hardly better than the Pyro, especially when ubered.

1214395963819.png

Back