• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I overclock a IWILL DS133R?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi The Shovler, wellcome to the Forum,
Looking on the Iwill website the feature of your Mobo, well seems to be OverClockable through the 'Bye-Bye Jumper BIOS' into Bios.

I'll try to download the manual for more supports ;)
What kind of chip are you using?

I hope it helps you.

Oh Yes that you can,
you can set the chip voltage (VCore), the Vio (mem module voltage) and the Fsb setting a jumper on the Mobo or better entering into the Bios at start-up pressing the 'Del' button and going into the section called 'Iwill Smart Settings'.
At this point, before you proceed, you need to know your system temps, I suggest MotherBoardMonitor that you found at http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ and remember never your chips must go over 50 degree C @full load (100% load), but less is better.

I hope it helps you ;)

These are the specs of my computer...
Mobo - IWILL DS133R
HD - (2) 18 GB @ 10,000 RPM Ultra160
HD Controller - Adaptec 29160 ULtra 160
Processor - Dual PIII 700EB (Actually one right now because the VPN software that I use for work only works with single processor..Can you say weak..?)
RAM - 512 RDRAM

I apologize for my ingnorance, but here is a screen shot of what I have at the moment. Unfortunatly I'm not to sure what I'm looking at. So any help you can give me would be great.

Thanks
The Shovler

This is kinda weird.. (from previos post)
So I went into the BIOS and looked up the PC Health Status vs. the motherboard monitor.
These were the numbers I got. Does this make sense to you?
Current CPU Temp - 69c/156f
CPU FanSpeed - 4115
VCore.A - 1.61v
VCore.B - 2.11v

Is this bad .....?

Thanks
The Shovler

Well, you chip temps are absolutly high and potentially dangerous, generally they must be around 40-45 degree C to be safe and permit the overclock, but less is better; another strange think is about the Vcore's, the Cpu's voltage, they are different when must be the same or have a minimal difference but in your way we are speaking of 0.5v, the 30%!!!
At this point I suggest you to think to replace the coolers of your chip's and monitor the temps of your system with MotherBoardMonitor that you found at http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ and take a look to the Basic Guide that you found on the Home page of overclockers.com to understand better all those strange 'Numbers'.

I hope it helps you, read you later ;)

Dude do I need help now...

HELP!!!

I was playing around with the FSB. Some of the stops where not
working so I would reboot and try another. When I finally got to one that worked I tried to boot in win2000, but right after my scsi
scan it would say "Verifying DMI Pool...." and hang.

I returned all my setting to defaults and I still get that problem..
Man I hope I didn't fry something... What the heck is the DMI Pool anyways?

Thanks

:confused:

:eek:
Try to enter into the Bios and search for 'Reset Configuration Data' and after reboot the system or set the right jumper on the Mobo to Clear the Cmos. I hope really that you haven't killed nothing, coz your temps are really dangerous at the rated speed, but I suppose that's only a Bios prob.

First and foremost thank you very much for you help. I really appreciate it.

I just did that... I reset the CMOS using the jumper. No luck.
I also set everything to defaults.
What is the DMI?

I was reading this in the manuel. Maybe this is hint on where this problem is.. This is what the motherboard supports:

BIOS
4 MB PLCC FWH ( Firmware Hub )
Support Plug and Play
Support APM 1.2
Support DMI 12.1
Support ACPI 1.0
Year 2000 Compliance

thanks

The Desktop Management Interface (DMI) is a new method of managing computers in an enterprise. The main component of DMI is the Management Information Format Database, or MIFD (the DMI Pool Data). This database contains all the information about the computing system and its components.

At times, some systems may experience hang conditions after partitioning, formatting and initial bootup of a hard drive. The message, "Verifying DMI Pool Data" appears and the system hangs. This condition may continue after the drive has been removed.

Suggestions to Resolve the Condition:

Apply power to the computer.
Access the system BIOS.
Set the drive type as None or Not Installed.
Load BIOS Defaults
Load SETUP Defaults
Save the BIOS changes and reboot the PC to a System Boot Diskette.
Shut down the PC after the memory count is displayed.
Reconnect the power and interface cables to the hard drive.
Access the System BIOS.
Auto-Detect the hard drive. Ensure that the LBA Mode option is enabled.
Save the BIOS changes and boot the PC with a System Diskette.
Partition and format the hard drive via the operating system.
Reboot the system. On bootup, the screen should read:
Verifying DMI Pool Data
Update Successful
The system should continue booting normally.

Other Possible Solutions:

Apply power to the computer.
Access the System BIOS.
Disable both the Internal and External CPU Cache. These features are located in either the "BIOS Features" or "Advanced Settings" options of the BIOS Setup.
NOTE: Consult the System or Motherboard User's Manual for exact location of the Internal and External CPU Cache settings.
Save the BIOS changes and reboot the PC to a System Boot Diskette. On bootup, the screen should read:
Verifying DMI Pool Data
Update Successful

After the system successfully boots, re-start the PC and access the system BIOS.
Enable the External CPU Cache. This feature is located in the "BIOS Features" or "Advanced Settings".
NOTE: Consult the System or Motherboard User's Manual for exact location of the External CPU Cache setting.
! WARNING ! User's MUST re-enable this feature for optimal system performance.
Save the BIOS changes and reboot the PC to a System Boot Diskette. On bootup, the screen should read:
Verifying DMI Pool Data
Update Successful

NOTE: If the aforementioned suggestions fail to resolve the issue, contact the system or motherboard manufacturer to:
Remove the "Clear CMOS" Jumper and reset the system BIOS
Obtain a Flash BIOS Upgrade

I hope it helps you ;) really Good Luck!

Wow!! Now that's a great post...

Thanks for the information.. I'll try that tomarrow... I need to get some sleep... Thanks again...

You're wellcome,
but onestly I must say that all the info are taken from the Maxtor website, I'm COOL! but not so much at the moment :D

read you later...

Back