• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Kepler GTX700 (600?) series info here ->

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just split off a completely off-topic discussion on purchasing a GTX480. I also deleted some very rude responses to Ivy's post. You people that posted those are no better than the troll you perceive Ivy to be, and if you do it again it will be you that gets an infraction and/or vacation for personal attacks. If there are any questions, do feel free to PM me and I'll point out exactly where you went wrong.

Ivy, your first post in this thread was argumentative at best. So help me, if you do troll this thread, you won't be able to post in it for long.

I certainly hope I've made myself clear to everyone.
:mad:

Tomorrow is the day nVidia is supposed to officially unveil the first Kepler chip(s) according to multiple sources linked in this thread. Other sources are saying tomorrow is the day reviewers will all have their media kits and start the official testing of the cards ready for reviews, to which they state the 23rd is the launch of the first Kepler chips.

Based on everything I have read, my personal opinion is that nothing will happen tomorrow, other than maybe more leaks. I say the 23rd is more realistic for a soft launch, and april will end up being the hard launch. But of course, that is my opinion based on information I have read (all posted in this thread). I cross my fingers that I am wrong, and that Kepler shows its face tomorrow. *crosses toes as well*

Last edited:
Here is a sign of an iminent launch:

GTX 580 gets substantial price cut

With Kepler just a few weeks away, Nvidia partners are cutting GTX 580 prices to clear inventory, or to make the ageing cards a bit more competitive against AMD’s 28nm Radeons.

According to our price search engine, several partners have slashed prices over the weekend. Palit leads the way with its GTX 580 1.5GB, a reference card which now sells for just €339, down from €379. Other partners are also tweaking their prices and Zotac’s overclocked AMP! Edition, clocked at 815MHz saw its price cut to €369, down from €440. The same goes for 1.5GB cards from EVGA, Zotac and other partners.

As for 3GB models, prices have gone down to €399. Point of View is even selling an overclocked TGT card at 793MHz for €399, down from €459.

Basically we are seeing 10 to 15 percent cuts across the board, and 3GB models are now neck and neck with HD 7950 Radeons, at least in terms of pricing.

Haven't seen these prices reflected in North America yet... i'll keep looking.

Sadly NDA won't expire tonight. When they will lift Kepler NDA (maybe 23 March), same day GPUs will be available on the market.
Tomorrow is known that NVIDIA will reveal details about GTX 680 in an event.

Sadly NDA won't expire tonight. When they will lift Kepler NDA (maybe 23 March), same day GPUs will be available on the market.
Tomorrow is known that NVIDIA will reveal details about GTX 680 in an event.

How do you know that?

Its going to be pretty interesting seeing how the GTX 690 stacks up, its looking good so far :clap: and i don't think its unreasonable to assume AMD are holding back there 7990 until nVidia show there hand.

Be that as it may there may well be a top end GPU price war...... let the games begin. :popcorn:

Here is a sign of an iminent launch:

GTX 580 gets substantial price cut

With Kepler just a few weeks away, Nvidia partners are cutting GTX 580 prices to clear inventory, or to make the ageing cards a bit more competitive against AMD’s 28nm Radeons.

According to our price search engine, several partners have slashed prices over the weekend. Palit leads the way with its GTX 580 1.5GB, a reference card which now sells for just €339, down from €379. Other partners are also tweaking their prices and Zotac’s overclocked AMP! Edition, clocked at 815MHz saw its price cut to €369, down from €440. The same goes for 1.5GB cards from EVGA, Zotac and other partners.

As for 3GB models, prices have gone down to €399. Point of View is even selling an overclocked TGT card at 793MHz for €399, down from €459.

Basically we are seeing 10 to 15 percent cuts across the board, and 3GB models are now neck and neck with HD 7950 Radeons, at least in terms of pricing.

Haven't seen these prices reflected in North America yet... i'll keep looking.

Ding Ding...Round 1

That said (if true), a neutered part (a la 480) matching the 7970(ish) is still a win even if its not the monster some were dreaming of.

Its not matching the 7970 in that expreview, its is ALMOST reaching hte 7950.

In ROP performance it equals the 7950. It textures the 7950 has a 13% performance advantage.

Im not sure what brandbreit means (Brand wide? they mean overall performance?) If so the 680 is only 73% of a 7970 with a 7950 being 91% of a 7970.

BUT>>> If any of the things mentioned so far is true. Almost 3/4 the performance of the current flagship card for about half the price? That seems EXACTLY what we should expect from either company.

And if GPGPU is in your BAG the FLOP performance of the 680 is superior to the 7970, making it a win win for that niche group.

I'm really curious to see if they hit their performance/watt target for GPGPU tasks on this (among other things).

Its not matching the 7970 in that expreview, its is ALMOST reaching hte 7950.

In ROP performance it equals the 7950. It textures the 7950 has a 13% performance advantage.

Im not sure what brandbreit means (Brand wide? they mean overall performance?) If so the 680 is only 73% of a 7970 with a 7950 being 91% of a 7970.

BUT>>> If any of the things mentioned so far is true. Almost 3/4 the performance of the current flagship card for about half the price? That seems EXACTLY what we should expect from either company.

And if GPGPU is in your BAG the FLOP performance of the 680 is superior to the 7970, making it a win win for that niche group.

brandbreit = bandwidth... memory bandwidth

We'll see about performance though, everything is speculation until we get official benchmarks..

Well, the F5 starts... :D

I don't expect anything, but you never know.. I'm guessing we might have more info by the end of the day.

http://www.expreview.com/18731.html

nvidiak104core2.jpg

Well, we pretty much expected no reviews today. Two things are possible if nVidia does have a GTX 680 event planned:

1. Some information might be made public, such as release date or direct GTX680 details.
2. nVidia could launch one of the cards

Which one is most likely? My honest opinion, is that there *might* be one detail that surfaces from this, but it will be the same metaphoric info we have been receiving from nVidia recently - which really doesn't give us a clue to anything.

Stay tuned tonight, holefully some useful information surfaces this time around. If nothing arises from today, then I will be right that nothing will happen until the last quarter of march (23rd). Once again, I hope I am wrong.. SeminAccurate seemed very confident that something will happen today, so who knows.

Cheers

Last edited:
Some hope for this morning, with a cub of beans:

There has been a lot of talk recently regarding the actual name of Nvidia's upcoming graphics card based on the Kepler GK104 GPU and according to our info, the card will launch as the GTX 680.

The GTX 670 Ti name was used by Nvidia internally and some suppliers simply picked up the name. The rumour has it that Nvidia planned to launch it as the GTX 670 Ti but the GPU performed just a bit better than expected and thus it was decided to launch it as the GTX 680. Of course, other side of the story comes from Nvidia's "disappointment" with AMD's Tahiti GPU and Radeon HD 7900 series that was detailed back in January and it might be the point in time when Nvidia decided that GK104 could be launched as the GTX 680.

The GTX 680 name is pretty much carved in stone as boxes went out to printing (and are probably done by now) and the GTX 670 Ti name is simply a trace name from suppliers that weren't additionally informed on the name change. There is a possibility that the GTX 670 Ti might be launched a bit later but there are currently no plans for a card with that name, at least not before the end of April.

According to our info, the card is still scheduled to launch in about ten days, on March 23rd.

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/26289-nvidias-upcoming-card-is-gtx-680

After reading the last post on fudzilla where it tells us that 680 will og against 7970 and the benchmarks should be similar, I got very frustrated. We all expected 20% better performance or even more<7970 but what we are getting now is just Bull****!@! Anyone has other ideas about it?

Thanks

After reading the last post on fudzilla where it tells us that 680 will og against 7970 and the benchmarks should be similar, I got very frustrated. We all expected 20% better performance or even more<7970 but what we are getting now is just Bull****!@! Anyone has other ideas about it?

Thanks

IF the first GPUs out are GK104 based, AND it stacks up well against the best AMD currently has to offer, I think it bodes very well for the Kepler architecture in general, even if it is a little late to the game. GK110 is supposedly the top of the line GPU in the Kepler range, so that should compete well with whatever AMD has coming next in its pipeline. Perhaps they'll even reach market around the same time.

This assumes that the totality of recent rumors when looked at holistically for trends represents any sort of reality of course.

Back