• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sudden fps spike/screen freeze

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vtc413

Hello dear forum, this is the last forum i go to fix my issue pleaaaaaaaaassse save me!. I started playing the russian archeage recently and running it smoothly on ultra however, every 20-30 seconds i get random screen freeze aka fps spike for like 1-2 seconds. I tried old driver, new drivers, checking temps etc none worked. I've searched every where for a solution but no hope. My specs are cpu : i73770k, motherboard : gigabyte z77x up7 , gpu : gtx 670 sli. Ram : 16gb , psu 1000w , os windows 7 profeasional (genuine) cooling : h80i . Please help as this forum is my laat hope

Being that it's a fairly new game , My money would be on a driver that isn't quite SLI friendly for that title yet. Some games just won't work properly in SLI until NVidia releases a driver to address it.

i discovered that in windows mode the game runs smooth but when i go fullscreen the issue comes back does this make it any easier on u guys to determine the cause ?

Maybe the 670 isn't up to running that game on ultra details.

Try AA x8 not 16 and see how that works out.

Back