• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit VP6 How many users here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Treker

Old School Senior
Hey Guys/Gals,

I'm curious, how many abit vp6 users are there amoung us?, personaly I love my vp6, and cant wait for a dual northwood system to be available!

-Trek

Was getting worried, the thread kept droping, and droping :)

Knew there was atleast a FEW of us :p

-Trek

My 2nd one should be repaired shortly. I got careless with a sharp flat head screwdriver and took out four memory traces that go to the chipset. I have found the pins on the back of the board in memory slot 4 and have soldered 4 wires on to them, but I can't seem to find where they go on the chipset, and you cant get to the chipset pins that are sunk into the board.

It's not going to be easy, but it will work again soon...oh yes...it will work again.

Treker said:
Was getting worried, the thread kept droping, and droping :)

Knew there was atleast a FEW of us :p

-Trek

2 is only a couple but 3 is definately a "few", haha.

Good luck with your surgery too Kingslayer.

Man us Vp6'ers gotta stick together, say what ever happend to Tim?
he used to be the first to respond to ANYTHING vp6'ish :)

-Trek

He's been out doing his RF stuff for the past few months. He makes it in when he can which is almost never.

Hopefully they'll give him a break for a while and he can join us again, if even for a short bit.

back on cable connection at home so ive got the bandwidth to say"vp6 user reporting in". these things are fun. a crack in my water pump housing almost took her away from me this week. shes got 7 lives left.

Gotta love my VP6
Best board I ever had.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dual PIII 1ghz @ 1.13 ghz (cD0, 150 FSB, 1.65 Volts) (default voltage is 1.75 but these chips love 1.65 for some strange reason)
Abit VP6
Infineon 1 gig Cas2 Ram (4 * 256)
ATI Radeon DDR 64 Vivo
Quantum 10KII 36gig U2W SCSI HDD Drive
Quantum 10K 9 gig U2W SCSI HDD Drive
Quantum A30 30 gig IDE * 2 ( Confirged in a Raid 0 )
SBLIVE Platinum 5.1
450 Watt PSU
W2K
All in a Lian-Li PC70
Cpu's are cooled with thermoengines and delta fans :)
MB Temp is 25 Idle ( 26 Full Load )
Cpu 1 Temp is 23 - 24 Idle (32 - 33 Full Load)
CPU 2 Temp is 23 - 24 Idle (30 - 32 Full Load)

Anyone else interested in seeing the next smp board that abit comes out with?

Hopefully they will have learned this time to give us independant voltage controls for each cpu :)

And a question while I'm at it.. is there a way to bump up the voltage for my memory?

-Trek

ya independent voltge like on the bp6 would be a treat. as for the memory voltage i think it runs off the i/o voltage but thats an asumtion i made a long time ago and cant remember if it was founded in any truth or not:)

Thanks for the reply phantom,

However, does anyone know for sure how to rase the memory voltage?

-Trek

Back