• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best option for digital out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mav2KM

Internal = ASRock B75M-DGS + Creative X-fi Extreme Music
External = Integra DTR-4.6 + KEF Q10's

Looking to get a new quality audio card that will have MIC in and digital out. The old Creative Extreme Music I own can only Mic In/Line In or a Digital I/O through the Flexijack. Problem is, I need both... Not to mention there is light noise on the left analog channel. I want this thing OUT.

I have a flexible budget around $100. I don't have much knowledge in the digital area for PC audio. I'm looking to get the most out of my money but when I go up in price for cards it just seems to be on the analog end. Will a budget card with digital out be the same as one for $200+? I play mostly 320kbps mp3's and FLAC files.

Looking for recommendations~

If it's SPDIF passthrough, it doesn't really matter what you use, the card does no processing/amplification on a digital signal. In the case of digital signals, a sound card provides no benefit to onboard, etc. The analog mic-in, however, will be affected.

Back