• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED folding on a pos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
s462 used both 5V and 12V for the CPU, if it'll run a 3200+ it's probably a 12V board.
Not that I'm aware of any s462 boards with PCIe slots, and certainly not 5V CPU with PCIe.

Sounds like it's a lot more modern than that, though.

-5V was used for ISA slots, so I wouldn't worry too much on that front.

lol 462 doesn't have the powa to run a pcie GPU :p
Though could you imagine a 290x and a Duron playing Diablo II or Quake? :drool:

running it overnight with the cpu turned off it looks like it'll make about 14000 every second night.

running it overnight with the cpu turned off it looks like it'll make about 14000 every second night.

Not too bad.

See if you can grab a 7850. They make 70,000 PPD, and the miners are selling lots off cheap lol.
Combined with my CPU and my 270x, I can pull in 127,000 PPD, but I just fold on my 270x and CPU.

I hear a 4P rig is the best way to rack up them points. 200,000+ per day :shock:

I have a 7850 asus ref card at the big house, I might give it a try when we go back there.

folding only overnight I get about 14000 every other night with the 770 and about 13000 from the 7850 and the 7850 uses a lot less juice and is cooler to boot.
I tried my hd 7770 card in the pos, but it has xp so no amd folding on it.

folding only overnight I get about 14000 every other night with the 770 and about 13000 from the 7850 and the 7850 uses a lot less juice and is cooler to boot.
I tried my hd 7770 card in the pos, but it has xp so no amd folding on it.

What am I missing? Why can't you fold with AMD on XP?

then i must have done somthing wrong, let me throw it back togather and try it again.

dang, and my new boards arrived next day air so my 770's will be held out for the intel rig, I guess the 7850 will be doing it all for a while.

any known linux distros that will fold with old amd cards?

GPU Slot Requirements

Windows XP SP3 or newer for NVIDA GPUs, 32 or 64 bit
Windows Vista SP2 or newer for AMD GPUs, 32 or 64 bit
FAHClient running more than part time to meet shorter deadlines
Broadband internet connection or faster
1 or more supported GPU video cards

ATI/AMD
(GPU3 – OpenMM- fahcore_16) – End Of Life announced Sept. 2013
OpenCL compatible GPU, 5xxx series or newer, see full list
11.4 AMD device driver or newer
(GPU3 – OpenCL – FAHCore_17)
OpenCL compatible GPU, 5xxx series or newer*, see full list
13.6 AMD device driver or newer (14.4+ improves speed)

Didn't read the requirements; I didn't think it mattered :chair:
Thanks equinox & Cuda!

Can that AMD rig run Vista caddi?

I think it will run vista, but i am looking for a linux distro that is diskless and folding focused.

Back