• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded from GTX680s SLI to 780 Ti SLI - now BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChronoCabal

Hi All!

Just upgraded my 2x GTX 680's to 2x GTX 780TI's (The Asus DirectCUII OC 3Gb models). I'm now finding that past the loading screen of games/benchmarks (WatchDogs, and 3DMark 11 tested), I'm getting an instant shutdown of the display, and a restart (unable to view any BSOD, even with auto-restart switched off). Strangely, some games have ran fine (TitanFall, Assassins Creed: Black Flag). Also, no error occurs with SLI disabled.

Upon restart, Windows tells me the error code is 116, which upon research is related to the graphics cards. Full text attached below:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80110794E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800FA787A0
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\082914-14071-01.dmp
C:\Users\Lee\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-17097-0.sysdata.xml

I have attached the above mentioned dump files, along with a screendump of HWInfo.

I've carried out a full Nvidia driver reinstall, using CCleaner to tidy up before installing the latest 340.52 driver.

Any help or advice would be awesome! :)

Attachments

• Errors.7z
    101.3 KB · Views: 30
Do you have a different PSU to test?

Have you tried both GPUs by themselves in the first slot?

I'd reinstall the drivers. But I would run Driver Fusion, just get rid of the graphics driver and the PhysX, you get it here, http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion Unfortunately, it is bundle with something called Open Candy, you can uninstall it, but it can be removed by downloading the Open candy removal tool, http://www.opencandy.com/faqs/#uninstall. Before you install the new drivers run CCleaner, for the cleanup, and run the registry tool.

I had a similar problem with 290's I used driver fusion or some equivalent and did a fresh install on them. Berify their clocks (set a small oc) and that fixed the problem in my case.

The problem was caused , again in my case, since one card was OC'ed prior to installing the second and that created conflicts when the next card was installed ( they didn't scale properly).

What brand are they ? were they new or used

Thanks all - I've now used DriverFusion to do another clean sweep of the drivers - still getting the same problem. Going to pull the cards out and test individually, then try swapping them over.

The cards are the Asus GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5. They're both new, bought together from the same vendor.

AH! I'm now running only on the card that was populating the second slot - and getting the same error! So it looks like there's something wrong with this card. Any suggestions, or is it RMA time?

AH! I'm now running only on the card that was populating the second slot - and getting the same error! So it looks like there's something wrong with this card. Any suggestions, or is it RMA time?

RMA time.

How old are the cards? If 30-days or less go back to the store.

A whole day old. It's from a e-tailer so I'll have to faff with sending it off. I've also now noticed it's exhibiting rather loud coil whine-like noises - Fingers crossed it's as black and white as the card needing RMA.

A whole day old. It's from a e-tailer so I'll have to faff with sending it off. I've also now noticed it's exhibiting rather loud coil whine-like noises - Fingers crossed it's as black and white as the card needing RMA.

Well, if you only have one GPU in the system at a time, with it in the first slot each time, then yes it is.

Will do - Just booked the RMA, which is estimated to take around 3 weeks. Bit annoying, but at least I'm not paying anything postage-wise and I still have one working TI! Already getting better performance than my SLIed 680's which is just nuts!

Hi all,

Just a small update.. the etailer I used gave me NO end of hassle getting the card sorted, but I eventually got my money back and went elsewhere.

Touchwood, both cards are in and working all fine now. :)

Thanks for the advice!

IMG_1509_zps1882330f.jpg

IMG_1511_zps3eb21e3f.jpg

IMG_1512_zpse2a48b43.jpg

Who was the eTailer? Might be good to know for future reference!

Back