• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX Support - What happened? Old accounts gone? How to contact now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m715

Anyone have any idea what happened to XFX's support page?

I initially thought it had been hacked due to the poor layout/construction and engligh, but looking on their facebook page there are lots of people having problems with them right now. I have had an XFX support account for quite a while, with several products registered and can no longer access it. It would appear when they loaded the "new" system they did not migrate accounts over :screwy:

I tried using the general contact form but had no luck:confused:

Any ideas on how to contact XFX for support now :confused:

[EDITs]
-----------------
CLIFFNOTES:
-----------------
- XFX implemented a new support system, caused MAJOR problems, it's bad and still needs work. Had problems contacting initally
- If you have issues XFX's phone # is: 1-800-880-3225, phone support is nice and will tell you what is needed to get things rolling
- Once things were straightened out process took about 1 month, might have even been a bit shorter but they were still having major issues when I opened the 1st ticket, keep in might this included time for ground shipping to and from...
- Bottom line I would buy XFX again, in the end they took care of the problem

TIMELINE:
04/19 - opened 1st official support ticket with XFX
04/29 - Received RMA #
05/01 - Shipped card via FedEx
05/07 - FedEx delivered GPU to XFX
05/10 - Update: GPU with technician
05/15 - XFX shipped replacement GPU
05/20 - Received new GPU

Link to XFX RMA FORM: http://xfxstorage.com/Support/pca_rma_tc_ns.pdf

Last edited:
I had to register to be able to RMA my card, and it's still not working for me either :mad:

I found this . Maybe that'll work?

that thread is so old :confused:

know someone that was in a middle of RMA for the 2nd time when the site went down for main. and he finally got a email back not even answering his question, he asked asked about getting into the support site

they sent back "Hello XXX, all the backed up cards will be shipping this week. Our tracking numbers are posted, but I don’t have your number yet. Thank you for your patience." :facepalm:

I just called the Toll Free Phone Number: 1-800-880-3225 and the answering service picked up. Message was about business hours m-f 9am-5pm pacific time, if I want to leave a message and someone will call back, blah blah.

Imma call them tomorrow and see.

That thread is old, but the number is still working.

I'd like to see how it goes for you two, I was thinking of purchasing an XFX card soon.

I just called the Toll Free Phone Number: 1-800-880-3225 and the answering service picked up. Message was about business hours m-f 9am-5pm pacific time, if I want to leave a message and someone will call back, blah blah.

Imma call them tomorrow and see.

That thread is old, but the number is still working.

Thanks for the replies, I've got a card that is in need of an RMA so I might give the phone # a shot tomorrow, I hadn't found a # anywhere yet.

I wouldn't recommend anything from XFX I just been seeing poor service from them

Yep seems mine doesn't work anymore either (tells me it doesn't exist). Not a good sign that they messed something like that up. Wonder how that will impact double lifetime warranties since, well the card isn't registered anymore I guess?

I finally got a reply to a help request I sent last week, unfortunately it was no help. I had already tried their "reactivate" without any success, sent in another reply and will see what they say next. Not sure I'll have a chance to call today, but hopefully be tomorrow I'll try that route.

Thanks everyone one for the thoughts...hopefully they will straighten this mess out soon.

Here is a copy of their email reply:
(they had attached a screen shot of the reactivate link)
Hi,
If you remember what the card was registered under, please kindly try to use the reactivate function in login interface to recover the previously account (as attached pix). Thanks!

[EDIT] Also, I know my username and password is correct, as I have both of them written down in my log file and paperwork for the XFX cards I have and I was on not more than a few weeks ago...

Looking bad ... I bought two hd 7950 last week from XFX for the purpose of lifetime warranty. I hope it works out for you guys.

Always keep the confirmation Email upon successfully registering any product. Print it or archive it in Email account

Did you registered with XFX? I registered my cards I didn't get any confirmation.
I'm gonna take screen shots of my account, just to be safe.

Did you registered with XFX? I registered my cards I didn't get any confirmation.

I registered many years ago when I didn't organize and don't recall, but even if it's 100% their fault, things like this can happen.

This was posted on another forum allegedly by XFX Rep

Originally Posted by XFXSupport View Post
tl;dr: xfx support/RMA server is down, use [email protected] for now.

Hey Guys, as of today XFX will be updating our support and RMA software. We expect this process to be quick and efficient, but since the scale of the operation is so large, we are redirecting our support to a temporary backup system. We expect to leave this system up for at least 1 week, even after the primary system is restored.

If you have any old or new customer support issues, please send an email and contact us at the [email protected].

As always, you are welcome to PM me for direct support as well.

Thank you.

this is not good my 6950 may need a RMA one of the ports is busted I was w8ing for little bit for mine it to death
I may have to look this up

Always keep the confirmation Email upon successfully registering any product. Print it or archive it in Email account

I can confirm they don't send an email when you register your card, they only send an email when you register on the support website (i still have that email).

I never even thought of taking a screen shot, should have done that...and will do that in the future...

Just printed my registration screenshot for my sapphire cards just in case, hard copy and PDF copy.

I'm sure XFX will make things right in the end, its just a question how long it will take them to recover from this "error" they have made...

Back