• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-F2A88Xm-D3H SSD + HDD missing boot device

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImportPsycho

hi
just picked up this board and 6600K.
Installed windows 7 on SSD, smooth sailing.
after windows setup, I added 1TB HDD and now i can not load windows.
it's saying no boot device found.
when I remove the HDD, windows 7 load fine.

I checked boot order, WD hdd is not even on the list.
I did not touch anything in BIOS.

any idea?

You have to select which harddrive you want to make the bootable drive, then select the boot order. I am guessing when you put the HDD in, it selected that drive as the bootable drive instead of the SSD and couldn't find a bootable OS.

Hard Drive/CD/DVD ROM Drive/Floppy Drive/Network Device BBS Priorities
Specifies the boot order for a specific device type, such as hard drives, optical drives, floppy disk drives, and devices that support Boot from LAN function, etc. Press <Enter> on this item to enter the submenu that presents the devices of the same type that are connected. This item is present only if at least one device for this type is installed.

From page 44 of this manual: http://files.sotmarket.ru/instr/kom...te/manual-gigabyte-ga-f2a88xm-d3h-rev-3-0.pdf

Sorry, I'm at work and can't see pictures uploaded to imgur . If you attach them locally I can see them

Back