• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dang BF3 has put me into the crash fest... Don't know why either. I played for a couple hours last night and never had an issue. Tonight; every game I join, I get to play for a couple minutes and then the screen goes all psychedelic on me... Weird thing is I'm not getting video card drivers crash or anything like that. The card is not running hot (60C max) at load and when the BF3.exe finally crashes out I see a "Your network timed out" error on battle log. :shrug:

Dang BF3 has put me into the crash fest... Don't know why either. I played for a couple hours last night and never had an issue. Tonight; every game I join, I get to play for a couple minutes and then the screen goes all psychedelic on me... Weird thing is I'm not getting video card drivers crash or anything like that. The card is not running hot (60C max) at load and when the BF3.exe finally crashes out I see a "Your network timed out" error on battle log. :shrug:

Funny...League of Legends has been having "Nationwide internet issues" since about hour ago.

Has anyone been getting a random black screen? I haven't changed anything except install the couple windows updates. Yet randomly my screen just goes black. Its quite annoying, and so far I can't seem to find a reason for it. I tried to update my graphics drivers and punkbuster but that didn't solve it.

Has anyone been getting a random black screen? I haven't changed anything except install the couple windows updates. Yet randomly my screen just goes black. Its quite annoying, and so far I can't seem to find a reason for it. I tried to update my graphics drivers and punkbuster but that didn't solve it.

Does it reset your GPU OC to stock?

I get that once in a while, and it's not just BF3 for me, it's Skyrim, LoL, etc. as well. BFBC2 used to do it for me, but it hasn't in at least 6 months.

Does it reset your GPU OC to stock?

I get that once in a while, and it's not just BF3 for me, it's Skyrim, LoL, etc. as well. BFBC2 used to do it for me, but it hasn't in at least 6 months.

I don't have the gpu oc'ed but I will and see it that happens, it might help to narrow the issue.

Hey, was toying around with my PC, turned HT off (hyper-threating) and Battlefield 3 shot from ~65fps to ~85fps.. tried it twice on the same map and server. I'll try again to see if it happens again but that was weird.

Can anybody try this to verify?

Hey, was toying around with my PC, turned HT off (hyper-threating) and Battlefield 3 shot from ~65fps to ~85fps.. tried it twice on the same map and server. I'll try again to see if it happens again but that was weird.

Can anybody try this to verify?

i would but i dont have HT :(

You cant really measure FPS in MP maps.. they tend to vary a bit. Try the same scene in SP and see if you get the same response.

Getting black screens after games at random, itll play fine, show score, go to load next round, dead...

What am i doing wrong with my server options, sometimes i see maybe 5-10 games with a total of 50-100 players, that cannot be right can it?

Not sure, ben. We have no idea what settings you selected to get that result. ;)

I personally search all maps, 6-10 open slots, hardcore, and all gameplay options minus squad deathmatch. My returns are plentiful.

6-10 slots is a game changer, what i had been doing is ranked, PB, North america, and i would get a TON of 0/xx servers and then rank those results by clicking on the # of players, glad you posted than man makes a big difference.

You cant really measure FPS in MP maps.. they tend to vary a bit. Try the same scene in SP and see if you get the same response.

I am fully aware of this, the thing is that a 20fps difference is not a slight variation.. When I say ~65fps, I'm talking about an entire run from deployment to point E on the same map. Peaks and valleys here and there, but nothing far off from 65fps. MP experience simply plays with the fundamental fps and lowers it sometimes depending on lag, amount of people, interactions etc.. but in general on this map, I hover around that with HT on. That is with the server full or 60/64 or around that.

HT off, and all of a sudden the fps climbs to ~85fps? That's weird..

I will try again tonight, see if I can fraps it. I guess i can load single player and take some variables out.. Try other MP maps etc.. Might be tied to that map? (cant remember the name of it..) Starts off on boats carrying two tanks on the one boat, two trucks on the other, and a AA Lav to the side, then point A looks like a small gas station between small hills, then point B is on the left but far off from everything else on a hill, where snipers hang out, point C are offices, buildings etc... point D is the repair yard accross the street from C and point E is a large blue warehouse down the road from there. That map. :D

I think you are talking about Canals

I know that people have reported turning off HT fixed some microstuttering, but I haven't heard of it increasing total FPS. Interesting for sure.

I think you are talking about Canals

I know that people have reported turning off HT fixed some microstuttering, but I haven't heard of it increasing total FPS. Interesting for sure.
Thats what I heard as well. Nothing about a FPS increase. Would be interesting if this was true and repeatable though! :thup:

Back