• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5K Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chuy

Registered
Woot dont know if its appropriate to post this here but bought a case and 1tb harddrive on craigslist for $40. The case came with a "fried" asus p5k deluxe and 2 sticks of ram. Well after messing around with it I found one of the sticks of ram was bad, took it out and I got a free working p5k :cool:
Too bad I don't have a cpu for this board but still :)

Here's a pic of it

Attachments

• P5K.jpg
    P5K.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 708
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I'll be able to find a cheap processor so I'm probably going to sell it to help off set the cost of my second budget build. I got a free server computer from my boss took the cpu e6550 and 2gb of corsair ram slapped it into our netflixs pc and sold the intel mb e5200 1gb of ram for $40 lol. So far got a thearmaltake soprano case which I thought was ok for $20, 1tb hdd, asus m5a970, so about 1/3 of the way there.

How do you know the board is good if you don't have a CPU to test it?

What I meant to say is that I don't have a cpu that I would want to use, the mobo has a pentium 830 in it. I can go into bios and what not, good catch though lol

Sounds very tempting but from some of the prices I've seen on ebay those cpu still cost a bit, I haven't followed any auctions but taking a bit of a guess I don't think either of those chips can be had for under $100 almost the price of a fx 6300. On top of that I got a feeling that the P5Q would sell fast and for more then my M5A97. Anybody ever try out those 771 to 775 adapters? Saw a Xeon E5472 SLANR LGA771 with a 775 adapter with a bid of $20 on ebay. Never really looked into those adapters but might be worth a second look?

Back