• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3 Trailer is Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Even I have a quad-core nowadays.

No excuse for anyone else w/ a PC expecting to play modern games to not have at least a quad, unless they've purposely bought it specifically for 2D indie games/old 3D games and don't expect to max out properly optimized multi-threaded PC games.

It's time to stop making these stupid compromises by gimping even the PC version of modern games because people are too lazy to upgrade or spend tons of money on junk they don't need without saving a small portion towards upgrades. An AMD PhenomII X4 nowadays is like $110-$125 and can be easily OC'd to eliminate most of the CPU bottleneck (unless you have some insane GPU setup and want to play Metro2033 in 3D at 120 fps). Can be had even cheaper if on sale/deal or used.

I think this is going to require Vista or 7 right? and they are heavily recommending 64bit from what I heard.

I think this is going to require Vista or 7 right? and they are heavily recommending 64bit from what I heard.

Yep, no love for Windows XP and seeing as it's going to be a decade old this year I can't blame them.

Interesting to hear the part about 64bit being recommended, I thought it was just because it was a DX11 only game (which of course works on DX10 hardware with some effects being unavailable).

This sounds very very promising I've got to admit. All they have to do is sort the netcode out.

Even I have a quad-core nowadays.

No excuse for anyone else w/ a PC expecting to play modern games to not have at least a quad, unless they've purposely bought it specifically for 2D indie games/old 3D games and don't expect to max out properly optimized multi-threaded PC games.

Wow, ridiculous. I lawld at this ty. I have yet to see a game that my dc wont run like butter.

I dont think they are "gimping" anything. Games need to be able to run on a wider spectrum for pc's because not everyone has the same computer in front of them. This is whats so appealing to devs about consoles.

Wow, ridiculous. I lawld at this ty. I have yet to see a game that my dc wont run like butter.

I dont think they are "gimping" anything. Games need to be able to run on a wider spectrum for pc's because not everyone has the same computer in front of them. This is whats so appealing to devs about consoles.

You must have trouble reading.

and don't expect to max out properly optimized multi-threaded PC games.

I shouldn't even have to repeat that.

Edit: it seems you not only didn't read my post, you didn't even read the thread itself. This is refering to the above comment about the netcode being gimped to favor dual-cores which screws up the sync for faster cpus.

And I had the same cpu + same gpu as yours, could not run BFBC2 online at consistently playable fps. So you either haven't played it online and only play single player, or you're lying. Or maybe your definition of 'run like butter' is 15 fps.

Last edited:
Very minor teaser.

At least they're not gutting down the PC version too badly.. maybe.

All of the interviews that I have read thus far has EA claiming that they never wanted the BF series to shift over to console. It was a PC game to start and will always be a PC game. They said that BF3 will be more PC oriented than before. Stoked!

You must have trouble reading.

I shouldn't even have to repeat that.

Edit: it seems you not only didn't read my post, you didn't even read the thread itself. This is refering to the above comment about the netcode being gimped to favor dual-cores which screws up the sync for faster cpus.

And I had the same cpu + same gpu as yours, could not run BFBC2 online at consistently playable fps. So you either haven't played it online and only play single player, or you're lying. Or maybe your definition of 'run like butter' is 15 fps.

SH*% I misread it. I only had a few min before I had to leave for work so i had to skim over it. My apologies

I don't know how long its been since you played on your e8400, but BFBC2 ran like crap on everyone's machine in the beginning. I can easily hit 40avg fps with everything on high now.

I had my e7200 oc'ed to 3.8ghz and a GTX460 768mb, I still couldn't play BC2 properly. At 1080p the game got a max of 25 fps. I would hate to run BC2 on a dual core.

What is up with you people with dual cores that can't run BC2 well? 40-60 fps @ high @ 1680x1050 here. 8800GTS 320 ran 20-40 fps @ medium @ same resolution.

Probably best to just call "DIIIICCCE :mad:" on this one.

:shrug:

What is up with you people with dual cores that can't run BC2 well? 40-60 fps @ high @ 1680x1050 here. 8800GTS 320 ran 20-40 fps @ medium @ same resolution.

Probably best to just call "DIIIICCCE :mad:" on this one.

:shrug:

You think it runs well but it doesn't. Essentially you're slowing down everyone else on the server with faster systems, your latency will be high on servers even if you can ping them for less than 50ms.

Read the black box! that made me feel all warm inside :3 lol

Attachments

• m10l.jpg
    m10l.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 40
Back