• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad news for Crysis 2 :\

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can you play multi player with it? no. Than to me this is worthless. And like anything I would expect a patch to released that will fix this problem once the game is out.

Dang pirates getting the stuff out before they are officially released. If there are any online feature, they could blacklist the released DRM master and ban/block everyone. Assuming they could get a new DRM master key that is completely different and not interchangeable with the leaked version.

Wonder which disgruntled person @ Crytek leaked this developer build.

Betting anything that they're going to monitor all the downloads this gets and then use them to delude the general public by making another pointless 'X amount of money lost, because every download was a sure sale!' BS story.

Dang, we PC gamers need everything we can get to keep developers wanting to make games for PC. Not that Crytek didn't sell out and go console for Crysis 2, but I want more games written for PC.

TOO MANY OF US PIRATE!~ I do not pirate games. Period. I buy all of them. We all have to do it. Once a month buy ONE new PC game. Keep the industry alive. A good one like sixty bucks no ten dollar BS.

I'm curious how this got leaked. Was it an inside job or did someone break into their servers?

As much as I like dislike Crysis, I'm very sad to see this happen. This is going to hurt the industry, and the perception of the industry heavily.

This will likely be frowned upon but...
The Author Neil Gaiman discovered that his books were being pirated and quite disgruntled, as any author should. But he also discovered that as his books became available for free in Russia, the sales of his books in Russia increased by a large amount. Confused but curious, he talked his publisher into releasing "American Gods" for free to see what would happen. Again, his sales increased. He considered it publicity and discovered that he did not lose sales by having his product "pirated". He also asked an audience one day, how many of you discovered your favorite author by having a book LENT to you? Almost everyone put up their hands. I am curious whether sales for Crysis 2 will be helped or hindered. Someone needs to do serious study and find out how these events affect overall sales of a product. I'm just curious.

The Author Neil Gaiman discovered that his books were being pirated and quite disgruntled, as any author should. But he also discovered that as his books became available for free in Russia, the sales of his books in Russia increased by a large amount. Confused but curious, he talked his publisher into releasing "American Gods" for free to see what would happen. Again, his sales increased. He considered it publicity and discovered that he did not lose sales by having his product "pirated". He also asked an audience one day, how many of you discovered your favorite author by having a book LENT to you? Almost everyone put up their hands. I am curious whether sales for Crysis 2 will be helped or hindered. Someone needs to do serious study and find out how these events affect overall sales of a product. I'm just curious.

Another example i guess would be the iphone 4 "leak." After that day there were articles about the phone almost everyday ! I think that def helped to drive sales.

I don't see how it would be frowned up, the story makes a very good point. I could see this applying to games someone isn't sure of and especially if a (good) demo isn't available. The problem is, there isn't a way to easily identify whether it increased sales or not. Most companies are just trying to blame their less-than-forecasted sales on pirating and finding new DRM methods to stop them.

I don't know, I'm torn on the issue. I certainly wouldn't want my program being given away for free, but I wouldn't want to have insane amounts of DRM that cause issues for legitimate end users.

Either way, this is bad. ~__~

-By www.geek.com

They could try to track my Sh*t from morning.. i had a bad lunch..

And i don't like Cryteck for leaving Ubisoft for such thing and letting them to make FarCry2 (worst game ever).. They had it coming..

Btw i own a lot of games and love to buy then for a collection,
And... for supporting the devs.

Can someone translate this into English please ?

Here is Neil Gaiman's video interview about this subject...

Here is Neil Gaiman's video interview about this subject...

I'm a big cheap skate. To be honest not that I downloaded this game. But I am very picky about buying games I only buy maybe 1 or two a year. Mainly because I never get to test games out. So things like this in the past have been the reason for me making a purchase i had zero plans to make.

It's funny but i could make a long list of games that either fileplanet had one of them early demo or early beta things back in the day that got me a bit excited because I was like wow i get to play the demo etc before most people ever will. So even tho i was not interested in the game it got my attention. Half of the purchases i've made have been from events like this or similar in the sense. Games that i had no interest in buying to begin with but the super early beta access or this or that sparked my interest in it because well playing stuff like that is good BS'ing material for you other cheap *** pc gaming buddies i work with lol. We're all cheap and most of them just play wow.

Great news indeed.

Those who have no money will get Crysis 2 earlier. Probably bundled with some sort of virus, as usual.
Those with money will get it anyway. Again bundled with some sort of virus(DRM) as usual.

And CRYtek at last confirmed its name. : )

As soon as it hits steam, im buying it...just like portal 2, and bullet storm.

That company will go to ruin.... They got hit hard with Crysis... now this.

Last edited:
Back