• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T Bred 2200+ Rev. B Overclocking Results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i agree on the asus having its problems,but it is known to oc better than the abit.

im looking at this as an overclocking issue,not as a family pc,or something thats a toy.

you can use voltage options only if you have the cooling to handle it.if not its a waste.

the only main reason im not sold on the abit is its inability to run 200fsb.it will if do it with alot of work but its not guarenteed.

as a everyday mobo and an occasinal moderate ocer it should be more then enough.

deathstar13 said:
i agree on the asus having its problems,but it is known to oc better than the abit.

im looking at this as an overclocking issue,not as a family pc,or something thats a toy.

you can use voltage options only if you have the cooling to handle it.if not its a waste.

the only main reason im not sold on the abit is its inability to run 200fsb.it will if do it with alot of work but its not guarenteed.

as a everyday mobo and an occasinal moderate ocer it should be more then enough.

Man you are making me doubting of my choice now:)

I was about to take my chance with Epox boards, then I saw all those posts about MOSFETs getting too hot and causing disasters, and stuff like that, here are the two links where I did most of my reading :

http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181129

http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=191348

Here are the charts I was talking about :

Mobos specs :

boardspecs.jpg

Multiplier Unlocking For XP T Bred 2000+ :

multunlock2.jpg

Multiplier Unlocking For XP T Bred 2200+ :

multunlock2.jpg

FSB Accuracy :

fsbaccuracy.jpg

hmmm im not quite getting the multi unlocking charts. to me its say most those mobos dont allow access to higher multis in my book.which dont sound right.even if thats the case u just need to cut a bridge or connect one.

it does show the abit running 200fsb but every review ive read they cant get past 186.yes it will run +200fsb with some coaxing and mabey a mod or 2.

the guys at extreamsystems.org or something like that have alot of facts and knowledge on the NF7.

the reason i bought an 8rda was i need no volt mods to run high voltage.its well known to run +210 fsb out of the box and its cheap. i cant see any other mobos that do that.

i would if i was you research that chaintech mobo some.it does 2.15vcore also.ive heard really good things about it.but it carries a heavy price tag.but has ide raid which i wanted an no other NF2 mobo jas that. but wasnt worth the extra $80 it would have cost me.

Back