• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ugg I need a new heater core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I bought a new core on saturday but haven't been able to reply because my computer is down. I also have some new pictures of my heater core but I cant post them with my computer down. I think that I burnt my CPU and Im having trouble finding a mobo to test it on, it might be a while.

Ow, all that work down the tubes. Save it for the spring to water lawn/garden. :D

I just bought some brass barbs from Lowe's for $1.66 each, 1/2" barb 1/2" NPT threads. The ID of the threaded end fits 5/8" tubing perfectly, so you just saw off the tubes (leaving 1-2") on your new rad (most are 5/8" OD) and you won't need much JBWeld to put 'em on.

If it were that corroded, it may have been aluminum anyway.:p

FYI torching JB weld isn't going to work.

a) JB Weld is a based off Epoxy resin which cures AND uncures with heat.
B) Unfortunatly although based off epoxy, it's *many* times more heat resistant than any "normal" epoxy mix that you'd find (5-60 min store bought, which all cure and uncure quickly in an oven at 400F... Just another R/C moddling tip brought to you for free by:

-Toysrme
;)

Cool, thanks for that tip with JB Weld Toysrme. I didn't know it was that different in it's heat properties compared to regular epoxy. All I really knew was that it was much tougher than other epoxies I have used. :D

Back