• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In the beginning....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
(XII) The Pink/White Hat
Yodums, famous amongst the ranks of the members for his exceedingly high postcount was once swayed to post a picture of himself. Alas, this was a mistake to follow him for years to come. In this picture, hid a pink tint. Thus, his most pure white hat was cursed with a pinkish tint. And lo, all members said, "Look at Yodums, for he wears a PINK hat!". Alas, the more poor Yodums protested, the more the members pointed, and laughed. Finally, one of the administrators bestowed Yodums with a set of 10 pink stars, his to wear as a constant reminder of the dreaded pink hat.

Second :D

Sorry, I haven't been active in these forums for far too long (member since 2001 though). Is Ed Stroligo still part of Overclockers.com and OCForums? I still occasionally read Overclockers.com and haven't seen an editorial from him in a long time.

Sorry, I haven't been active in these forums for far too long (member since 2001 though). Is Ed Stroligo still part of Overclockers.com and OCForums? I still occasionally read Overclockers.com and haven't seen an editorial from him in a long time.

It's sad to say but Ed had left overclockers.com and the OCF some time ago.

Sadly, Ed has left us some time ago. Since Overclockers.com and the forums have been integrated again, the content for the front page has been generated by the members of this very forum. If you look at some of our titles you will see xxxx content editor, like mine says Folding Team Content Editor. We are the people that look for things in the forums that we think belong on Overclockers.com, and from there we work with said member that posted it to get it published. If you happen to have any more questions about it, feel free to shoot me a PM. I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Geez, I been here a long time. I remember my first posting on the old css type forum.......
Like Robert Burns said....what a long strange trip it's been :thup:

Hmm, I'm not sure that we was granted 10 stars when we made it to Senior member in the beginning? We still had to "earn" the number of stars, out of our post count. That was changed later when post count was removed, and Seniors got 10 stars as soon as they was appointed Seniors.

Small detail, that no one would care about anyway :D Nice thread to read as one of the "old" ones :)

Yet another very interesting thread that has passed under my thread browsing. It's neat to know and learn about the history of a forum, especially one as long as colorful as this one is.

So, two items:

1) MOAR UPDAYTZ! What's the story been since 2005/2006-ish? The growing audience wants to know! :D

2)
But we love you... Wanna see my nipple? :D

Reading this once in a while renews my passion for computing, the forum and community.

Last edited:
I've been a member for three years now, but was reading the threads two years before that. It's so nice to know the humble beginnings of this site. Great read.

pretty cool story.. but did "Alliance for the Advancement of the Overclocking Arts" really exist? o_O

This is awesome! I'm unsure but I think I came around the time of the Golden Age. I definitely remember congratulating Yodums on the pink stars but I had no idea why he had them.

I also had white stars at one point, those were my favorite.

Back