• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many others with hacked EA/Origin accounts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

It turns out, you don't need to result to phishing or trojans to steal peoples EA/Origin accounts.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/11/14/origin-accounts-hacked-maybe-change-your-password/

It's happened to me while I was asleep a few hours ago. Congrats EA, you're officially the worst company I've ever had to deal with. You know what I have to do to contact EA? I HAVE TO BE LOGGED IN! How hilarious is that? Account hacked? Better log in to contact us so we know it's you! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So, just a heads up. Just because yours hasn't been taken yet, doesn't mean it won't be. Good luck.

Yeah just heard about this today, looks like you will recieve an email saying that changes were made to your account...

Either way I think I will be changing my password today...

Yeah, mine was taken over the summer, didn't realize for several months. Called them and after an hour or two on the phone, I got it back.

Same thing happened to me one day, I was furious that I had to have another account just to log on and get help!

TBH Txus, this happens all the time EA isn't the first company this has happened to nor is it the last. This is just a reality of online services, they will always be security breaches...

However, it is up to the company to be as straightforward and informative about the problem at hand. It definitely wasn't handled as elegantly as it could have though...

TBH Txus, this happens all the time EA isn't the first company this has happened to nor is it the last. This is just a reality of online services, they will always be security breaches...

However, it is up to the company to be as straightforward and informative about the problem at hand. It definitely wasn't handled as elegantly as it could have though...

Yea but EA is notoriously bad at even feigning care for customers.

I got this E mail from EA QUOTE: As part of our efforts to help ensure account security, the password for your account was recently reset. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and hope you will recognize we're taking this action to better protect your personal data.

Yea but EA is notoriously bad at even feigning care for customers.

QFT. I am yet to receive an answer to the plethora of mails I sent them regarding my hacked account with BF2142 and BF2. I wanted to move those games to my BF3 account. I sent them real pics of the CD KEYs, of my ID cards, what they asked, they received. I am yet to get an answer.

QFT. I am yet to receive an answer to the plethora of mails I sent them regarding my hacked account with BF2142 and BF2. I wanted to move those games to my BF3 account. I sent them real pics of the CD KEYs, of my ID cards, what they asked, they received. I am yet to get an answer.

I hope this helps EA’s Customer Support directly at 1-877-357-6007

Spain here. No luck with their phone either. After going from a bot to another, with no human contact at all and problems with the voice recognition system, I hung up.

Back