• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plz help with Overclocking amd KUMA 7750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TrojanTboneGuy

Hello all

I have been building for a while but am not the most knowledgeable about over clocking. I know enough to get by before but now i need to know more apparently because I have run into a wall.

Here are my specs:

nvidia 8800gt
Antec 900 case
585 w psu
4 gb dual channel corsair dominator ram @ 533 mhz and voltage at 2.2
ECS A780GM-A Black edition
AMD KUMA 7750 overclocked at 2800 mhz (14x at 1.45 volts)

The cpu will not do ANY MORE than this. Everytime i set the multiplier at 15x at any voltage and stress with prime it crashes

I have a friend of mine with the same specs pretty much and he is ocing this cpu at 3300 mhz easy,

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OR GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS! :eek:

Does your friend have the same motherboard? I haven't seen many promising reviews regarding the overclocking ability of ECS motherboards...

Do you have cool 'n quiet/power now! disabled? Do you have the PCI Express frequency set to 100Mhz? Make sure you do that first.

Are you overclocking the CPU clock frequency, or are you only increasing the CPU multiplier? If you're OC'ing the CPU frequency then make sure you drop the memory voltage. If you don't, you will be OC'ing the memory as you increase the CPU frequency since they are tied together.

If you're only increasing the CPU multiplier and you can't get the system stable even with a CPU voltage increase then I would be inclined to say that your motherboard just can't go any higher.

i have c and q disabled. He has an ecs board just not this exact one. I tried overclocking with AMD overdrive then with the bios, using the multiplier and voltage only. I set the RAM and forgot about it I havent changed anything with it.

Is your RAM 2x2gb or 4x1gb? Also, is that DDR2 800 your running? Is 2.2v stock for that memory? It seems a high to me for stock memory voltage...

the ram is 2 x 2gb ddr2 1066

the ram vol is so high because i set the speed to 533 mhz and the dimm number to 50 in the bios and the ram vol climbed

Set your memory voltage and timings manually in the BIOS, not to AUTO. Then continue with the OC. If you're still seeing problems, try slowing the ram to 800 spd, and maybe some looser timings. What PSU are you using? What is your cooling situation, stock HSF? The 900 should have good case Air flow, unless you have a MAJOR rats nest in there. Any loaded temp readings for us?

cpu temps while being stressed at overclocking is anywhere from 42 c to 52 c

stock cpu fan and heat sink but the 900 case is awesome in cooling

so if i set the multiplier to 15x and adjust the voltage, move the ram speed back down what else can i do to make it have a better chance of being stable

A CPU NB Voltage bump might help you out. 1 increment above stock. What do your HT and NB speeds look like?

Hello all

I have been building for a while but am not the most knowledgeable about over clocking. I know enough to get by before but now i need to know more apparently because I have run into a wall.

Here are my specs:

nvidia 8800gt
Antec 900 case
585 w psu
4 gb dual channel corsair dominator ram @ 533 mhz and voltage at 2.2
ECS A780GM-A Black edition
AMD KUMA 7750 overclocked at 2800 mhz (14x at 1.45 volts)

The cpu will not do ANY MORE than this. Everytime i set the multiplier at 15x at any voltage and stress with prime it crashes

I have a friend of mine with the same specs pretty much and he is ocing this cpu at 3300 mhz easy,

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OR GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS! :eek:

Is 2.2 your default V for that memory?
Try dropping volts to stock as a matter of fact update bios if you have not yet done it make sure everything is default and begin again you should be able to hit 3.0 at AMD max recommended V 1.325 (set this manually)

What stress test are you using? Small FFT's or Blend? Small FFT's will isolate the CPU as much as possible. If you're failing with that test, we're going the wrong direction. If you're failing the Blend test, then Memory could very likely be the culprit.

^^ good point. I used to fail every blend test and went to small fft's and realized you can't run 1000+ mhz ram with 1.8 volts...

ok so i set the bios back to default, so the ram speed is 400 mhz and stock voltage around 1.8 i think,

i am setting the multiplier at 15x at 1.335. i have been stressing with prime with blend so maybe you are right, its maybe too high of a ram vol? if i want my ddr 2 1066 to run at 533 mhz then i will do that after i am successful at the oc?

the dimmv is at 12 now, it was at 50

the stock is 2.2 volts for the ram btw

and coll and quiet is off and cpu virtualization is disabled

Cool:cool: glad you are up and running some mobo's have problems getting clean 2.2v so you may want to get it to 3.1 with the multi then start ramping up the HT adding v as needed. when you start getting errors then the fun begins as you will have to go back and forth between MEM and CPU to find the problem or you can go ahead (I would do this) and find the max CPU back off a hair and then work with the memory independent of all other factors.

so with the multiplier at 15x and vols a 1.335 its blue screen at boot up so what changes do i need to make with ram speed and voltage to match the ocing

so with the multiplier at 15x and vols a 1.335 its blue screen at boot up so what changes do i need to make with ram speed and voltage to match the ocing

what are the recommended timings for your ram? If it states that it needs 2.2V then set the RAM voltage to 2.2V. If default is only feeding it 1.8, that could equal a BSOD. So try 400mhz speed, 2.2V, and manually enter the recommended timings. 14.5x CPU multi and Core voltage to 1.325V (stock)

^^ always manually put your ram timings in because as you raise the FSB, your ram speed increases and it loosens your timings a tad.

granted I am a noob and all, but I just upped the multiplier and hit a stable 3.3 according to the bios, cpu-z, core temp, and prime95 didnt crash it and temps never got over 44*. Granted I only ran Prime95 for like 20 minutes before quitting. Maybe you should consider starting over and just looking at the basics

post 10 this did work to a point:
Is 2.2 your default V for that memory?
Try dropping volts to stock as a matter of fact update bios if you have not yet done it make sure everything is default and begin again you should be able to hit 3.0 at AMD max recommended V 1.325 (set this manually)

ECS is not considered an OC'er board it can clock up but generally they take more work, don't get as high or as stable oc from what I have read so that must be overcome. Let us not judge, let us help.

Last edited:
Back