• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best memory for Epox 8K3A+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

up2Tim

The title says it all.

I have a new 8K3A+ mobo on the way and I'm wondering what type of memory is the best as far as performance and compatability.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Im really lovin my Corsair XMS 3000 memory. I can get it up to 380 without voltage increase. Its really good memory for your money. I have used Corsair for the last year and so far I am very happy with what it offers me.

Id have to go with the Corsair XMS 3000 also,overclocks well with minimul voltage.

Yep, it seems to be a consensus so I went ahead and ordered a 512 meg stick of XMS 3000 this evening.

That stuff aint cheap man--OUCH

Thanks for the input all

Currently I am running one stick of Samsung 512megPC2700 at 175 FSB with an unlocked XP2200+ at 11x on an 8K3A+. No problems at all. Sandra mem bench comes in just over 2600.

That's not too shabby NascarFool.

I was leaning toward the Samsung a little before I decided to go with the Corsair. I have heard some good things about their original memmory sticks.

Just switched from a stick of 256 Kingmax to a stick of 256 Corsair xms 3000. i bought the Kingmax when it first came out i thought since it was DDR 400 it would be better and faster no way Corsair slaps it up and down and then some. CORSAIR all the way. no problems with corsair running most aggresive timings Turbo at cas 2. No way kingmax would do this.

Back