• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KG7 problems. Very very unstabile.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

A friend of mine has an Abit KG7 board with the XP1800 processor and TI200 vid card. This thing has been unstabile since he got it, and he has even sent it back to be fixed. He just got it back and it is still having the same problems. Anytime he tries to play a game it crashes, or just flat out wont load the game at all. He has tried playing WCIII, Motocross Madness 2, and other games that are somewhat fps intensive and almost everytime this system crashes or freezes. He emailed Abit and they recommended setting the bus speed settings to 4:4:4 and he did this and it helps, but didnt really fix the problem at all. Last night his comp froze up just trying to play Starcraft, and that is not an intensive game at all. If any of you have had any of these problems and have any idea on how to correct them, let me know please. If I could i would have just went over to his house and fixed it myself, but he lives in Oklahoma, and I am in Washinton State so I cannot play around with his comp to figure out what is wrong with it. Also, this comp has no OC on it at all.

First thing to do is to tell him to join the Forums then 2nd thing would be to ask PAUL. Now whatever he needs explained we can all help him with it. It's hard enough to fix a problem through Forums & it's even harder when we can't communicate directly to the owner;)

Back