• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus UEFI Splash Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jazon1

Any one here familiar with the Asus Uefi and how to make the splash screen display for a shorter amount of time?
When i start my pc it stay's on the splash screen for a good 10 seconds before the boot starts.
i tried to disable the splash screen in the bios and it still makes me wait the 10 seconds just with no display so that was useless.
its not a huge deal but it takes longer for the splash screen then it does for the system to load windows once it hits bios.
any help would be great thanks.

There is a setting for post screen time on some bioses. I have mine set to have the splash turned off and display post for 2 seconds

I believe that motherboard has several SATA controllers. Upon POST the system checks each controller, and this takes time. For instance my P8Z68-V Pro takes about 25sec to start loading Windows, since it has to check 3 controllers.

If it makes you feel any better my servers at work (HP DL380 G7) take ~5min to POST while they check every module, air temp, controller status etc....this is painful when you're trying to restart a production server remotely and you're in the dark for what seems like hours hoping it comes back online ;)

I have a Asus Crosshair, It has two controllers on it. And I literally just turned off the second controller since I only have 4 Hdds. It boots alot quicker, there should be an option to disable the extra controllers if your not using them

yea i think its all my HDD's i have on this system think im going to just get a large 8 drive external bay to get them all out of my system.i did read you can set something to "keep current" for boot up its supposed to store the current set up so it dont have to check each time it boots ill have to try to give that a try.right now i just have my post time set to 1 sec and i turned back on splash screen as it didnt help speed up anything and now at least i dont have to look at a blank screen lol.i thought i read some wear that these bios had a setting called "quik boot" or something like that,if its in here i dont see it anywhere my lga1366 booted much faster.

Back