• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Wire-Managed Pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought I had my case wired pretty well until I saw the first oicture. I either need longer wire so that I can re-wire to the sides of the case or just admit that there will be clutter.

wel i ticked most of my cables behind the cdbays...or i just used zip ties and tied them up...its still in the way..but since they are uv reactive..it looks very nice

I liked the before pics.. :)
Reminded me about Cobweb.. ^.^

Sentenial reminded me about how neat the YY-0221 is...
Gotta take some picture of my aircooled cubie, so there are some refs. *.*

It's a little messy on the right side, but I hid the USB hub behind the desk (since it's got a printer, external drive, palm hub, and phone hub filling it up)

Attachments

• lappy.jpg
    lappy.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 5,161
i forgot the size of it...its a special thermaltake size...i hate it..lol..im switching to 3/8 tho..why whats up?

Lancelot said:
What wires? It's all tucked away behind the PSU bay and inbetween the motherboard tray and sidepanel:
updated.jpg

your setup just looks fantastic!

SlntAgent said:
i forgot the size of it...its a special thermaltake size...i hate it..lol..im switching to 3/8 tho..why whats up?

Was just curious, Hadnt seen tubing that small in any rigs until yours. lol

Mines nothing too special. The main thing that cleaned up my case was opening up the PSU and routing the 4 pin 12v connector through the sheath with the 24pin conncector instead of in its own. Also I built a small power bus for my fans and LCD/LED mods. Its mounted along the side of the HDD bays.
DCP02036.jpg

Here is a closup of the bus. I ected the board myself. It has 4 ports for 12v and 4 for 5v. The molex was from an old 80MB hdd.
DCP02031.jpg

Here is all the hidden cables.
DCP02028.jpg

and here is the case with my big typhoon in it.
DCP02075.jpg

My case is kinda small so I dont have room to run cables behind my Mobo as the Mobo covers the whole mounting tray so I cant drill any holes for passing cables. I am going to get some wire loom sometime soon, probably just go cheap and get automotive wire loom as I am trying to keep all my mods origional and not use any kits.

Just for comparison heres what it looked like before I cleaned up the cableing.
DCP02021.jpg

Can anyone show me core temps for before and after rewing? It seems that rewiring would increase airflow but does this actually do anything with all of the heat sources in the case?

Havoc_ said:
Can anyone show me core temps for before and after rewing? It seems that rewiring would increase airflow but does this actually do anything with all of the heat sources in the case?

Having a nice wiring job is about cleaner air flow. The easier the air can get through the case the less turbulance. The less turbulance, the easier heat is leeched out of the box. Plus it looks sexah. It does not increase airflow. The fans installed will only put out so much air per thier own specs. You do however get less hotspots. Then in turn temperatures drop.

Back