• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG The Powerful Pretty Pink Processor (aka, "The PPPP")

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This new AX1500i is so powerful, I think you're going to find it powering up lots of things you never even imagined.....

iron_man_corsair.jpg

The phrase "Powered by Corsair" will never be the same again....

Unpackaged some more love from my friends over at Corsair! Thanks guys!

0001-_MG_0221.jpg

0002-_MG_0222.jpg

This will be my first time using Corsair fans. I'm excited about trying them. They definitely are good looking....

0003-_MG_0224.jpg

They also look as though they will be extremely mod friendly. Of course you have the plastic accent ring that pops on and off, ....and Corsair even provides three colors to play with. But these are also going to be very easy to paint since they come off so quickly.

0004-_MG_0235.jpg

And each corner has this grey rubber insert. Naturally it provides some vibration dampening, ...but they are also easily removable if you want to paint the frames. Another thing I didn't know about the blades...is that they pop on/off without any type of little clip that you need to keep track of. Much like the Noiseblocker Mulitframe fans I used in my last build...these blades come on and off easy...again making modding very easy. Can't wait!

0005-_MG_0233.jpg

He really wanted to be in the pictures and help.....

0006-_MG_0234.jpg

I asked him if he wanted to help gather all the extra accent rings for me. He was doing well....

0007-_MG_0226.jpg

....until everything fell apart again. He can't help but get into messes!

0008-_MG_0227.jpg

I felt bad for him, so I let him have a little bit of fun for awhile....

0009-_MG_0231.jpg

0010-_MG_0228.jpg

0011-_MG_0229.jpg

0012-_MG_0237.jpg

We both knew that Corsair fans were supposed to keep your computer chilly....but it was HIS idea to see how they fared keeping food in the freezer chilly also....

0013-_MG_0242.jpg

0014-_MG_0246.jpg

0015-_MG_0243.jpg

0016-_MG_0244.jpg

Mmmmmmm...think I'll finish off the Caramel Cookie Dough ice cream before the wife-y gets home.

I've got even more love from Corsair to show off, so stay tuned!

Dude i cant even put into words how awesome this will be lol, the fans dear god the fans :shock:
and that monstrocity that is the AX1500i :attn:
Subscribed! :popcorn:

I haven't been terribly impressed by those Corsair fans in my build. It'll be interesting to hear what you think of them.

Dude i cant even put into words how awesome this will be lol, the fans dear god the fans :shock:

Thanks SubPar! Got more good Corsair stuff to show off. Working on pictures now.

I haven't been terribly impressed by those Corsair fans in my build. It'll be interesting to hear what you think of them.

I plugged each one in just to make sure it worked as I unboxed them. They definitely make more noise than my NoiseBlocker M12-S2's do.....but then again, they are spinning almost twice as fast. So I guess that's expected. The real test for me will be once these are on a controller. As long as they are nice and quiet at 600 rpm's, which I expect them to be, I'll be happy. I'm ok with some noise as long as they only ramp up when my air/water delta's are too high. I'll probably have them on an Aquaero for this build. I'll definitely report back with more info.

Im with you On this SubPar This guy is just Rocking up and down :attn:

I Subscribed the first day :popcorn:

Im with you On this SubPar This guy is just Rocking up and down :attn:

I Subscribed the first day :popcorn:

Thanks Firas! I've got some more great stuff from Corsair to show off, and an announcement of another sponsor coming up soon!

Oh yeah. Made in the USA baby. And it's safe to say that this S8 is unlike any you have seen before. :eek:

Pictures tonight!

0001-_MG_0258.jpg

As promised...some better pictures of the case. It only took about 90 minutes to put it together, and that included the time necessary to take all the shots for the animated gif in earlier post. This little (when compared to my TH10) case is absolutely awesome. If you want to use a full size ATX motherboard, this case really hits the sweet spot for size. It's amazing how strong it is while being so light. The benefits of an all aluminum case I guess. I could stand on top of this thing and it would support me just fine. I'll take more pictures later of some of the unique features of the case, but for now...here are some shots of it in all its pink glory.....

0001-_MG_0280.jpg

Mine is a two-tone with black on the inside and pink on the outside. I'll keep the inside mainly black and add pink accents with the coolant and some small pink painted parts....

0002-_MG_0299-PSD.jpg

0003-_MG_0283-PSD.jpg

0004-_MG_0298-PSD.jpg

I'll probably put a 240 rad here in the front....along with a fan controller up top and maybe a panel for some switches for lighting.....

0005-_MG_0284-PSD.jpg

Pink Panther wanted to get in on the picture action here. Such a poser....

0006-_MG_0285-PSD.jpg

It has windows on four sides....left, right, front and top. I'll really be able to show off components in this with all the windows.

0007-_MG_0286-PSD.jpg

0008-_MG_0287-PSD.jpg

0009-_MG_0288-PSD.jpg

0010-_MG_0289-PSD.jpg

0011-_MG_0290-PSD.jpg

Left side of the case.....

0012-_MG_0291-PSD.jpg

0013-_MG_0292-PSD.jpg

0014-_MG_0293-PSD.jpg

The only difference in this picture is I added the side mount radiator accessory. I'll probably have a 240 rad here also. I think I'm going to pass on a 360 here so that I'm not cramped at all behind the switchplate. I want to keep that space available.....

0015-_MG_0294-PSD.jpg

Right side of the case....

0016-_MG_0295-PSD.jpg

0017-_MG_0296-PSD.jpg

Back of the case....

0018-_MG_0297-PSD.jpg

0019-_MG_0300-PSD.jpg

One of the reasons I fell in love with this case initially was the option of the window on top. Just love love love the thought of having a view of the components from up here also. I'll probably do a 240 rad here on top also on the right side. It will hold a 360, but again, I want to keep the space free and available behind where I'll put the fan controller. Don't want to feel cramped.

0020-_MG_0302-PSD.jpg

0021-_MG_0301-PSD.jpg

0022-_MG_0303-PSD.jpg

0023-_MG_0304-PSD.jpg

0025-_MG_0307-PSD.jpg

0026-_MG_0282.jpg

CaseLabs already had a slew of amazing cases to choose from before they released the S8. But I really think they hit a sweet spot with this one. Beautiful design. I'm pumped about a horizontal motherboard layout, because I haven't done that before. As I start building in it, I'll take some more pictures of some of the unique features.

More later!

Got some more Corsair goodies to show off. Thanks Corsair!

corsair_logo3.jpg

What's the only thing sweeter than a brand new Corsair Neutron GTX SATA3 240 GB SSD?

0001-_MG_0247.jpg

Two of them.

0002-_MG_0248.jpg

These are the flagship line of SSD offerings from Corsair. You can link here to read all the detail specs. I'll do some benchies after installation. I'm planning on running them in a RAID0 array. Nothing critical will get stored on this computer. The BBBB has some shared storage on it's RAID5 array. The PPPP is just about finding FaceBook friends as fast as you can. :) I think it's universally agreed that RAID0 is a must-have for Pinterest machines also. That's just science.

0004-_MG_0250.jpg

This is the first 7mm SSD I've played with. It is striking how slim it is if you are used to the more traditional thickness.

0003-_MG_0249.jpg

Time to void that warranty.....

0005-_MG_0251.jpg

It comes apart very easily for mod options.

0006-_MG_0256.jpg

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r622/cpachris/Corsair SSDs/0007-_MG_0257.jpg

The whole PCB can come out of the case with just a few screws. Takes maybe 30 seconds to go from fully assembled....to a warranty-less PCB laying in front of you. But don't you feel good anyway??!! :)

0008-_MG_0252.jpg

0009-_MG_0253.jpg

0010-_MG_0254.jpg

Mod options here are many. The SSD case is a nice aluminum, so I could have that powder coated to match either the pink or the black in the case. Exact match. I also love the window mod that L3p did on some SSD's a build-log or two ago. Although I don't think those were the 7mm SSD's...so it might be tougher to pull off. I'd have to get some real thin plexi so as not to bother any components in there.

But if I do a window mod, I could even put an LED inside the SSD case to light it up from the inside. That would look sweet. There is plenty of room on the top end of the case. The PCB doesn't even extend to the last inch or so of the SSD case.

Another option would be to shuck the aluminum cases that they came in, and put both SSD's together into one little acrylic casing. You could join the PCB's for both SSD's together with standoffs, and they would still make a very slim package.

Whatever I end up doing...I think I want to really show these SSD's off. I need to find a prominent spot in the case where these can really be seen....and then do something special with them.

Back