• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master CM690 Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Forgot about this thread. :-/
I would say the case was great value especially considering the rebate, thing that really shocked me was with a zalman cpu cooler how quiet this pc was. Definitely makes me more aware of my howling stacker. :(

I like mine so much I just ordered another one. If you have a microcenter near you do a local pickup to avoid the shipping charges.

I was surprised after reading Maximum PC that they gave the case a 4/10. I haven't seen/touched the case in person, but some of the things that you said were nice parts they kinda ragged on. Dunno, just throwing it out there.

I was surprised after reading Maximum PC that they gave the case a 4/10. I haven't seen/touched the case in person, but some of the things that you said were nice parts they kinda ragged on. Dunno, just throwing it out there.
Like people say: "To each their own". I could see some things being taken as "bad", but 4/10? Come on...this ridiculous...

Is this review online anywhere? I'm curious to see what they said about it. I can't think of a more ideal case, both modded and stock.

I'm considering picking up one of these for my next PC, I'd like to pop a 2x120 radiator up top, and I can say that it would certainly fit, running the hoses might be a bit of a headache, and bleeding could be very challenging with a radiator up top, but I'll work it out somehow if I ever find a giant pile of money sitting around <.<

I've already done it. I'll get pics as soon as I can to show you. It wasn't that hard, just a little extra measuring to make sure everything was snug.

Is this review online anywhere? I'm curious to see what they said about it. I can't think of a more ideal case, both modded and stock.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/cooler_master_690#comment_form

These guys are idiots! Why would you have someone like this writing reviews for your magazine????

"Can't fit a fan in the bottom with a regular sized PSU installed!"

That's a load of crap. With both my HX620 and GLN700 installed, I had a 140mm Yate in there with TONS of room to spare!

I added a comment to this idiot's review....

Last edited:
I've already done it. I'll get pics as soon as I can to show you. It wasn't that hard, just a little extra measuring to make sure everything was snug.

worthless without pics.
<3

just bought it last night, next paycheck is IP35-Pro, e8400, ram and 8800gt(s?)

No, but if you factor in the better cooler on the GTS and I have seen new GTS's for 275-280$, its pretty even. But now we are seeing 512MB 8800GT's for 200-180$ AMIR's.
Don't forget to add they overclock better ;)

alright, i suppose i'll go with the GTS, i think there's a guy trying to sell one locally for like 180..

still, wanna see water cooling in this case.

alright, i suppose i'll go with the GTS, i think there's a guy trying to sell one locally for like 180..

still, wanna see water cooling in this case.
WAIT!!!! The 640 != 512!!!

Totally different cards! I promise that is not the 512 that you want!!

I have the good old Cooler master Cent 5. I am going from a amd single core to a e8400 and a 8800gt. I am going to use the Gigabyte x38-DS4 motherboard, and 1 hd. My psu is the SILVERSTONE SST-ST56ZF.

Now I did cut a 80mm intake fan into the side panel of my cent 5, but it does get quite Loud when I got it all running during long gaming sessions.

Do you all think this case, with my setup and psu, is a good fit? I like the price, would put in a few more fans, and have some fun of course, but the only real objective would be air flow.

Also i am concerned about dust. I do have a decent amount of dust, but over the course of 2007 it never got really bad, but it was noticeable. How is the cleaning job with those front fans? Also, does all the fan housings have a pre-installed screen of some sort?

Thank you for any info.

Last edited:
I have the good old Cooler master Cent 5. I am going from a amd single core to a e8400 and a 8800gt. I am going to use the Gigabyte x38-DS4 motherboard, and 1 hd. My psu is the SILVERSTONE SST-ST56ZF.

Now I did cut a 80mm intake fan into the side panel of my cent 5, but it does get quite Loud when I got it all running during long gaming sessions.

Do you all think this case, with my setup and psu, is a good fit? I like the price, would put in a few more fans, and have some fun of course, but the only real objective would be air flow.

Also i am concerned about dust. I do have a decent amount of dust, but over the course of 2007 it never got really bad, but it was noticeable. How is the cleaning job with those front fans? Also, does all the fan housings have a pre-installed screen of some sort?

Thank you for any info.
You are talking about a completely different case than this review was about >.>

I know nothing about it.

I would recommend searching for a thread (to see if one already exists) or create your own thread in the cases section ;)

You are talking about a completely different case than this review was about >.>

I know nothing about it.

I would recommend searching for a thread (to see if one already exists) or create your own thread in the cases section ;)

It was my fault if i worded it wrong.

I meant "this case" as in the CM 690 case, in comparison to my current setup, being that big of a improvement. I listed my psu as a reference for size.

I was just asking if all the fan slots were screened so i knew if i needed to buy new ones. Also wondered how good the air flow was, based on the in box setup, or basically how many fans i would need.

I was thinking of getting the CM690, and get 1 fan for the bottom, and one for the very top.

It was my fault if i worded it wrong.

I meant "this case" as in the CM 690 case, in comparison to my current setup, being that big of a improvement. I listed my psu as a reference for size.

I was just asking if all the fan slots were screened so i knew if i needed to buy new ones. Also wondered how good the air flow was, based on the in box setup, or basically how many fans i would need.

I was thinking of getting the CM690, and get 1 fan for the bottom, and one for the very top.
Ah, my bad, I read it wrong. They have finger guards on them, if that is what you are asking. The flow is good, and it can hold up to 7 120mm fans (or 4 140mm fans and 3 120mm fans).

I would recommend populating all the slots if you have the money for fans. Yate Loon fans are good, quiet and cheap ($4.50 each!!)!! :D

Back