• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scariest game with nice graphics?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raccoonone

I'm looking for a scary FPS to play once I get my new computer put together, but most of the games that I've heard of (system shock 2, alien v. predator) are kinda old. So, what do you think the scariest FPS that has fairly modern (say, in the last 2 years) graphics is?

I was thinking maybe Resident Evil 4, since that's coming out around Christmas. But I've never played the RE series.

I will have to 2nd the opinion on F.E.A.R. its definately something you would be looking for.

F.E.A.R Not that I think you could be scared by a video game.....But its got great graphics, AI when played at the most diffucult, and if jumping out of your chair counts as scary......We have a winner.

2nd place Doom 3. Farcry can make you jump also.

Doom 3 and F.E.A.R always..

To get the full benefit I suggest turning up your speakers turning all the lights off in your set to full graphics

At some times farcry can make your heart jump because of the AI jumping right in front of you out of nowhere

DOOM 3.

totally dark and creepy.

and the pixel shader effects are still some of the best for benching.

dark rooms, flashing/rotating strobes. with a good card, that game is creep city.

For truth, never beat doom3.. took to long to get anywere + the game keep freaing on me

but do gota say.. Fear was the only game that i was ever scared to play it.. (even WITH CHEATS) but.. i wondred to much so i played it even more..

F.E.A.R or Doom3.

If you're willing to digress back to the unreal engine then there is always Undying. But for graphics, Doom or F.E.A.R are your best bet...

Wow lots of replies! I've played the DOOM3 demo and I didn't think it was all that scary, the graphics were definitely nice though. I'll give FEAR and DOOM3 a try once my new computer is up and running:)

Silent Hill 2... rated scariest game by many! And its for PC :)

EDIT: Damnit :D. Didn't see FPS... well get SH2 anyway! Your lord Cheator commands it

Sega's "Condemned"....fell out of my seat it was so scary....great suspense, music and atmosphere. Game play is great......a total sleeper of a game.

invisible hand said:
Sega's "Condemned"....fell out of my seat it was so scary....great suspense, music and atmosphere. Game play is great......a total sleeper of a game.

based off the f.e.a.r. engine, by monolith

Back