• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Core countdown" -July Event (Cinebench)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since this bench got points so recently, if you are not running this on your old and obscure hardware, you are leaving easy points on the table. It should be easy for most older hardware, to get top hardware points because very few have been run.

Does this mean I can't compete? Less than 8 cores?

Discrimination!

Feel free to make a submission. It would be interesting to see your scores, but with the way I made the scoring, it would not be very competitive.

Feel free to make a submission. It would be interesting to see your scores, but with the way I made the scoring, it would not be very competitive.
Sure it would. He would win, right? Assuming he is the only one or highest score with that type of submission (assuming they have the least amount of submissions of course). The winner, as I understand it, is the highest person in the class with the least amount of submissions...

Sure it would. He would win, right? Assuming he is the only one or highest score with that type of submission (assuming they have the least amount of submissions of course). The winner, as I understand it, is the highest person in the class with the least amount of submissions...

I meant that it wouldn't be a competitive competition. He would easily win. :)
That should have read less than or equal to 8. 8 cores are allowed, so you are in!!

Last edited:
Culbrelai|2x Intel Xeon E5620|8 physical, 16 logical| 2x CM 212 EVO Push/Pull|11.83

It's a little odd because I actually got a lower score with SLI enabled than when I only had one card... I got 11.87 with only one 670... lol

Apparently my system beats a dual Intel Xeon W5590, which is a $1600 processor, so my ~$1000 (for two processors and my mobo) system beats whoever's $3200 system XD

No wonder Intel locked the BLCK's on their fancy new E5/E7 Xeons

winning_zps484aae6a.png

If you haven't OC'd and benched that system for our team on HWBot, you're doing it wrong.

How? Is that another benching program? Link?

That screenshot right there is HWBot legal, so start with that.
Then run WPrime 32m and 1024m tests too, you should do well in the 8 core category :D

That screenshot right there is HWBot legal, so start with that.
Then run WPrime 32m and 1024m tests too, you should do well in the 8 core category :D

Bob, I think Cul believes HWBot is a benchmark.

Cul, its a website to post benching scores to compete with people. Go to hwbot.org and join the overclockers.com team then start benching!

Yeah I got it, joined your team, on HWbot.org's main page Today's Top Benchmark Scores im on the New Team Submissions list =P

Perhaps I can help move us to #6

So, Cul got his 20 points. Just needs to do the ten total submissions for lounge access.

Btw, epic points off that submission dude.

Back