• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: Crazy Cat March Madness 720p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The benchmark being at only 720p, a CPU bound resolution, I have to imagine(guess) with SLI/CFx that CPU speed plays a role...? Its worth testing anyway...

If you look on the first page E_D my first sub was F5 default form bios and set XMP on the ram. Also didn't have my card jacked quite as high as my last sub, which was run at 4.8 with the ram tweaked and gained a whopping 500 points. CPU really doesn't seem to have much of an effect on this bench, kind of like Heaven.

Correct ED my friend, yes it makes a Diff just from 4.7 to 4.8 you would not think so, but i have seen it here myself. But a good GPU is a must in this benchmark, maybe you will try out the 290's!! And see if they do any better than the 780 TI's!

AJ.

This benchmark is generally not repetable. Every couple of runs there is one +/- 10% better or worse result. Without any reason you can see higher scores on lower clocked cards/cpus.
Also at higher gpu clocks you start benchmark with 30 seconds+ black screen when sometimes FPS is high but sometimes low.

this one is on single GTX780
1114136.jpg

What is weird ... hwbot removed validation links from submissions and now my 2x GTX780 result has no screenshot and no link.. I wonder when someone report it ... ( at least in submission history there is info it was submitted from catzilla site ).

Nice run Woomack, Nice score for a plain 780 ! Are you using some cold on that CPU?

I made it 3 weeks ago or something ... CPU on dice, GPU on ss or other way ... For some reason my card was more stable on ss than on dice and pot contact was good. GTX780Ti can beat this result on air/water :-/

I don't know if it was mobo's fault or something else but 5GHz is running at about 1.5V. To make 5.2GHz+ I have to set ~1.7V. I didn't try 4930k with RIVE on cold or generally on any higher voltage than ~1.4V. Maybe I will check it soon as I also want to try max memory clock.

So far I have next dead mobo. I left H55N ITX at work for the weekend and today I couldn't make it run. It's restarting in loop, nothing else. I was using it for 1156 benching on cold with pretty good results for an ITX mobo.

Correct ED my friend, yes it makes a Diff just from 4.7 to 4.8 you would not think so, but i have seen it here myself. But a good GPU is a must in this benchmark, maybe you will try out the 290's!! And see if they do any better than the 780 TI's!

AJ.
I would think so... I said that above, LOL! SLI/CFx on such powerful cards needs all the CPU it can get in most tests...the lower the resolution, the more FPS the GPUs can push, the more FPS GPUs can push, the more CPU horsepower it can use to push them. This also has Physics/CPU tests in them which play a role in the score (think Vantage/11/Fire Strike).

I will see about trying the 290s... they are mining at the moment though and time is money, LOL! I should have a 290x landing today or tomorrow that will make an appearance at some point in this competition. Not sure the 290(s) will catch up in this test.

EDIT: I ran for giggles on my 780 with a slight overclock and hit 22K+... I haz no cold, so that is about all she will have in the tank.

If you look on the first page E_D my first sub was F5 default form bios and set XMP on the ram. Also didn't have my card jacked quite as high as my last sub, which was run at 4.8 with the ram tweaked and gained a whopping 500 points. CPU really doesn't seem to have much of an effect on this bench, kind of like Heaven.
Your sub was SLI/CFx? That is what I was talking about...not single card. :)

I do not expect the CPU to work miracles, but it should help with SLI/CFx on moderately high end cards.

Last edited:
I would think so... I said that above, LOL! SLI/CFx on such powerful cards needs all the CPU it can get in most tests...the lower the resolution, the more FPS the GPUs can push, the more FPS GPUs can push, the more CPU horsepower it can use to push them. This also has Physics/CPU tests in them which play a role in the score (think Vantage/11/Fire Strike).

I will see about trying the 290s... they are mining at the moment though and time is money, LOL! I should have a 290x landing today or tomorrow that will make an appearance at some point in this competition. Not sure the 290(s) will catch up in this test.

EDIT: I ran for giggles on my 780 with a slight overclock and hit 22K+... I haz no cold, so that is about all she will have in the tank.

Your sub was SLI/CFx? That is what I was talking about...not single card. :)

I do not expect the CPU to work miracles, but it should help with SLI/CFx on moderately high end cards.

Ya I missed your point in the first post E_D.

Hey Johan have heard anything about parked cores!!! And if so what would you say about of it?

Thanks,

AJ.

Not sure if it helps benchmarking in any way... at least 3D benchmarks. Always worth testing though if the web hasn't done it already. ;)

I was wondering about the black screen issue because during that time my fps drop to 180ish then jump up to 250-290. I wonder if during that 20 seconds it's dropping my overall score since it runs slower in that time frame. If purchasing a copy of the benchmark helps out and eliminates that black screen issue all together then I will purchase it but I'm not going to spend money on a broken benchmark.

That's better Manny. Playing in the big leagues now!

LOL I'm just happy I ran it on the correct setting this time :D I still like that 5850 the best, it's such a good clocker. It's too bad my other Gpu's wont overclock as well as it. I'm running the 580 now hoping for a top 3 spot on the bot, fingers crossed.

Hey , don't you make me break out that card again!! I should though there's onlt 500 points between me and first.

I should though there's onlt 500 points between me and first.
You should! Especially now that you have the 4770k more dialed in it may be enough for you to grab those points.

Hopefully have a bit of time tonight. We'll see, it's almost 3:00 pm and I'm outta here. Muahahaha

Back