• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Devil's Canyon or Haswell-DT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Did you install the drivers for the NIC card?

Just a note, if you need to edit and update your posts, use the EDIT button unless its been a few hours/someone has posted after you. :)

Where would I find those drivers?

Edit: found it - Bigfoot drivers. Update after install

If the LED isnt on for the cooler I would say its not getting power and that is why your CPU is at 91c.

EDIT:

It looks like I missed the pin plugging issue. My bad!

Last edited:
Either at the MFG website (get from another PC) or the driver disk.

Would it make sense that the driver is why it isn't lighting up or getting signal? That is pretty much the only problem I have, except USB devices don't work in the OS when unplugged and plugged on again. I can't seem to use my flash drive, but my Mac uses it perfectly fine.

Edit: is Bigfoot networks killer network manager the driver?

Alright, I seriously need help. Intel HD 4600 is a piece of crap. I disabled it in the "old" BIOS and it still takes the role of my gpus. Hopefully the 4770K will allow my GPUs to run well in Crossfire as well.

Also regarding the whole internet thing, the driver is stuck installing at 97%. For the new drivers off the website, I downloaded them, put them on my flash drive, and put it in my PC. Not reading the drive. Put it in the USB drive INSISE the case on the motherboard (props to Gigabyte for doing that) and still nothing. I didn't spend $580 for a problematic PC. My last resort will be reinstalling windows, which I assume will work, but I have over 800 GB of stuff on here.

I ran PassMark at stock speeds and got only 9105 for the CPU score. Happened with my 8320 at stock speeds. Got much lower. Very happy with my RAM performance now. It was the old processor that sucked. I modded the case and all of that stuff. I may post a video about it soon.

EDIT: FIXED THE IGPU.

Last edited:
If the 4600 is disabled in the BIOS is will not be running when you are in Windows...

Crossfire will depend on the motherboard more than anything. Some older boards would not support crossfire or not support SLI. I think pretty much all the newer stuff though supports both.

You seem to be jumping all over the place.

First off if you check the device list, are there a number of devices not installed?

Have you thrown in the mobo driver disc?

You seem to be jumping all over the place.

First off if you check the device list, are there a number of devices not installed?

Have you thrown in the mobo driver disc?

1. Ethernet works after a restart after getting stuck :D

2. iGPU disabled in BIOS, but not actually disabling. EDIT: It somehow fixed itself...

3. What settings should I put in BIOS for optimal performance?

4. USB still doesn't work when uplugged then plugged in again...

5. When things don't respond and I end task, nothing happens. None of the Hwinfo/hwmonitor programs detect my hardware. They either freeze or don't detect stuff. Constant OS freezes like Windows freezes, I don't think my files like the hardware switching so much. Very hesitant to reinstall, so I probably won't. I have no idea what to do. Windows is frozen right now because I opened Google Chrome. It won't close even with end task. Can't open task manager. Can't right click start button to log off or restart. Now windows is frozen. Wow. It also takes forever to get into windows. Takes forever to login. Didn't expect this out of such a good setup. EDIT: Restarted. Now upon logging in, windows is frozen. I am just going to hang out in BIOS for a while and see if I can find anything useful and get used to it. I need to know what to change.

Last edited:
Would it make sense that the driver is why it isn't lighting up or getting signal? That is pretty much the only problem I have, except USB devices don't work in the OS when unplugged and plugged on again. I can't seem to use my flash drive, but my Mac uses it perfectly fine.

Edit: is Bigfoot networks killer network manager the driver?
Drivers. You should install the USB drivers. Some ports (the USB2.0 especially) should work without it.. but it is likely you are pluggining it in to a blue port (USB3) that doesn't have a driver installed for it. :thup:

You are all over the map.. no idea where we are as far as what problems still exist... LOL!

Drivers. You should install the USB drivers. Some ports (the USB2.0 especially) should work without it.. but it is likely you are pluggining it in to a blue port (USB3) that doesn't have a driver installed for it. :thup:

You are all over the map.. no idea where we are as far as what problems still exist... LOL!

There does not appear to be any USB driver anywhere...

Please update your signature to reflect your current components... There should be some at the MFG website for your board...

Please update your signature to reflect your current components... There should be some at the MFG website for your board...

Upgraded my signature... When I post mobile, it doesn't show. Also made it easier to read :D

Yup. HWMonitor freezes on opening, HwInfo64 does, AIDA64 does, can't even end the process for HWMonitor, says Access Denied. What is going on here?

Last edited:
Intel USB3 driver on this page...: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4949#dl

That is where you will get all of your drivers... if not the driver disk.

Nope. I am fine with it, though. I ran PassMark and realized that it was because Turbo Boost was disabled. Anyways, the main contributing factor to the lower score is Prime Numbers. It was the exact same way on my 8320. I am running at 4 GHz now, and all of my other scores show it, but not Prime #s. They are about the same as my 8320 at only 24 million primes per second. The other thing is my Physics score. It is really odd. Only 428.8 fps. I am going to run 3Dmark11 and see if that is better. BF4 Siege of Shanghai was around 60 fps for the 45 seconds that I played before I quit due to not having sound (fixed) and I am pretty happy. Going to run 3DMark11 and 3DMark now. Will be back.

Prime numbers?

If the test, whatever you are doing is multi-threaded, the AMD will win because it, essentially, has 8 real cores, versus the Intel has 4c + 4t(threads). The threads do not equal a real core performance wise.

Friend, you really need to list what is wrong now. You mention several things a post... gets hard to follow, and help....

Prime numbers?

If the test, whatever you are doing is multi-threaded, the AMD will win because it, essentially, has 8 real cores, versus the Intel has 4c + 4t(threads). The threads do not equal a real core performance wise.

Friend, you really need to list what is wrong now. You mention several things a post... gets hard to follow, and help....

What is currently wrong:

1. When I press restart, it either gets stuck on an infinite loop of the restarting circle, or it does actually go black, but gets stuck there, and doesn't start again. I have to press the reset button to start it again.

2. The monitoring applications like HWinfo64, HWMonitor, AIDA64, etc. all sit at not responding when opening, and when I try to end the process, nothing happens.

3. Prime number performance is much worse than it should be. The 3770K's is around 33 million primes/second, my 4770K is at 24 million primes/second.

4. USB not working when plugged in when OS is up, same when you unplug and plug in again (managable)

5. I need to know how to optimize the Intel BIOS (so many more options and voltages!)

Did you use the same OS installation from your previous AMD machine? If so, regardless actually, did you install the Intel Chipset drivers? If you haven't already, install ALL the drivers on your installation disk...

Did you install the USB3 drivers I mentioned and linked to you earlier?

Did you use the same OS installation from your previous AMD machine? If so, regardless actually, did you install the Intel Chipset drivers? If you haven't already, install ALL the drivers on your installation disk...

Did you install the USB3 drivers I mentioned and linked to you earlier?

This is the same installation. I installed the Intel Chipset Drivers. The driver disc gets stuck on every driver at around 95-98% and nothing happens. I am trying to get the Gigabyte app thing, but it sits in installshield doing nothing. EDIT: Nevermind, I got AppCenter now.

App center? Let's get drivers first bub...

If you have internet connection, get them from the website as I linked earlier if the driver disk isn't working.

That said, Intel to intel moves usually go well... AMD to Intel on the same OS install...not as well as often. You may need to bite the bullet and reinstall windows. This is 60 posts of spinning our wheels (for more than one reason)...

Back