• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't install intel HD graphics on 3770k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toastslave

Registered
So I want to install the intel HD Graphics for my 3770k, online in the full specification sheet it does say that it supports intel HD Graphics, but everytime I try to install it, it says that I do not have the supported hardware. Anybody have any idea what to do?

Are you running off the iGPU or a discrete GPU?

Go into bios and switch the iGPU on, then remove your GPU and connect your video cable to the motherboard's video out.

You should now be able to use the iGPU.

What exactly are you trying to install and what is your usage scenario?

Thanks alot for the quick response, right now im running off my gtx 570. I just want to install the HD graphics for Open Broadcaster Software. When I get off work ill try switching it in the bios, plugging it in direct and ill get back to ya!

Thanks alot for the quick response, right now im running off my gtx 570. I just want to install the HD graphics for Open Broadcaster Software. When I get off work ill try switching it in the bios, plugging it in direct and ill get back to ya!

There are tutorials on how to do it for OBS. I just suggested removing your GPU and plugging straight into the igpu as a trouble shooting measure. Obviously you don't want to be running like this all the time. Although AFAIK and IIRC there is a way to use the igpu out and still use your GPU for 3D applications while using your iGPU for 2D, saving power.

Regardless, AFAIK you can run OBS with the cable running from your discrete GPU and have your iGPU running. You just need the right bios settings.

I would first watch the video tutorial on youtube about what settings to change, then try to youtube/google a video/description of the process for your specific make and model of motherboard, so as to avoid any confusion.

AMD had/has a technology (Hybrid crossfire?) that would allow you to use the onboard video in synergy with certain discrete graphics cards but that was before the days when AMD and Intel started moving to APUs where the video component is combined with the CPU in one chip. Not sure you can use both a discrete video card and the APU's video component at the same time. If you are using the 3770k on a motherboard that has a DVI or HDMI video port built in then you should be able to install the HD driver for the CPU.

Also, a lot of enthusiast level motherboards don't even have a GPU out component so you are forced to use a discrete video card which renders the video component of the APU is not useable. It has no connection to the motherboard. What is the make and model of your motherboard?

Last edited:
We arent talking about AMD we're talking about Intel. Most any Z77/87/97 board has integrated video outs, and any Intel chip since SB (excluding socket 2011) has an iGPU.

We arent talking about AMD we're talking about Intel. Most any Z77/87/97 board has integrated video outs, and any Intel chip since SB (excluding socket 2011) has an iGPU.

Yeah, but he could be using a socket 1155 motherboard with an older chipset without video out. Like me. Or, he could be using an upscale board like the Sabertooth that doesn't have video out. That's the point. We don't know.

Great avatar, ocnoob! Where did you get that pic? Makes me laugh every time I see it.

Back