• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage Drop in HWMonitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathscreton

Registered
So i oced my fx 6300 yesterday to 4.5 (and 4.9 but thats yet to prove stable from new information ive recieved) with a voltage of 1.425. However, hemonitor shows a different voltage of 1.416. I was told that upping my LLC in my BIOs should fix the issue.The voltage that hwmonitor shows, is that the actual volyage being supplied and llc fixes it so that 1.425 actually gets pushed? Or is it a false drop and hwmonitor is just showing less that what is actually being pushed to the cpu and LLC fixes the value being shown?

The LLC fixes the VDroop in voltage. So depending on the LLC level it will compensate for the drop in voltage under load to a certain extent. If set too high it can overvolt from your bios setting. So HWmonitor is reading correctly and the board is losing voltage under load. It happens in all systems. Only now we have the LLC setting to help compensate.

Back