• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X6 1100T in an Asus M3N-HT Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have this board and that is normal for it. The max volts it'll give in bios is 1.55v if yours is different I'd like to know the bios rev. Kegs0540 cause from what I have seen it all depends on the CPU you have in it. But the overvoltage is just what it does. One thing I also noticed in that shot is the HT at 12xx you should up the multi for it to get to right around 2000.

I'm gonna have to read the manual about the "CPU tweak", I'm not sure what that does. I don't understand such a large discrepancy between the settings and the actual voltage. It's not overheating, but I still don't want to fry my chip.

I would disable it, but while running a stock system.

If this setting does in fact increase voltage, it may be the only thing keeping a stable overclock.

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

After a little research, I found that setting is for Agena based processors with B2 steppings to help with TLB issues. I also read that when set to disabled, cpu temps lower enough to notice, but did not read that it lowered cpu voltage.

CPU tweak puts more power into the cache if I understand correctly . It'll give a bit higher scores in benching but causes more heat as well. The TLB is handled by a microcode patch that will show up just above that CPU Tweak in the bios listing if it's enabled. That was what I saw first as well when I searched it S_B but later found a better explaination

CPU tweak puts more power into the cache if I understand correctly . It'll give a bit higher scores in benching but causes more heat as well.

This option isn't even available while running my Athlon (different board) but this option may appear if I used a Phenom processor. :shrug:

Never know without tinkering with it. It's been years for me. I'm learning all over again with AM2+ lol.

I've spent quite a bit of time with this board lately and it isn't the easiest to control. Remember S_B this is the one I was trying to up the volts with. I got that DFI and the poor thing died in transit.

Johan I am running Bios 3401 and I know I can set voltage above 1.55, but I don't remember how high it allows. I can look when I get home from work.

I got that DFI and the poor thing died in transit.

Didn;t know that, I am sorry for your loss.

Johan I am running Bios 3401 and I know I can set voltage above 1.55, but I don't remember how high it allows.

Most AM3+ boards that are any good would allow u pto 1.7v. It's why I like that 760G board so much. There's no hidden tricks, set it and forget it. :thup:

I haven't had a Thuban or even a PII in it this time around, but on my Phenom x4 9850 it limits me to 1.55v with other CPUs it goes to 1.65v in bios. So maybe it allows more for the 6 cores?
Here's a shot of my 1090T mind you it is a really good chip and I was running it in a CHV-z board but they are very capable cpus. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7670953&postcount=2665 My advice would be to get your voltage down to 1.55v for everyday use if you can. These CPUs won't tolerate that much voltage on a regular basis.

Didn;t know that, I am sorry for your loss.
Ya I was looking forward to it but it didn't make it. I even tried putting it in the oven and no go.

I just can't figure out why my voltage is going so much higher that what it is set to in BIOS.

I haven't had a Thuban or even a PII in it this time around, but on my Phenom x4 9850 it limits me to 1.55v with other CPUs it goes to 1.65v in bios.

Ya I was looking forward to it but it didn't make it. I even tried putting it in the oven and no go.

Yes the 9850 and 9950 will allow 1.55v. My 6400+ on DDR2 has a much higher voltage limit.

I think that the bios on the cpu and bios on the board will determine voltage requirements or abilities rather.

Kegs0540 I just can't figure out why my voltage is going so much higher that what it is set to in BIOS.

It is a little odd. It also makes me wonder how it would run the voltage up while set to auto....

I do also know that some bios's when borked may do that. With my M3A32 MVP board 1.565v would turn into 1.6500v and the option with most phenom II's only went to 1.60v, so having a little borking actually gave me an edge there.

If it where mine, I'd drop that 1.45v to 1.4250v (small drop in v core) and see what happens in cpu-z.

I have it set to 1.4125 in BIOS and it's still showing 1.632 on CPUz.

I have this board and that is normal for it. The max volts it'll give in bios is 1.55v if yours is different I'd like to know the bios rev. Kegs0540 cause from what I have seen it all depends on the CPU you have in it. But the overvoltage is just what it does. One thing I also noticed in that shot is the HT at 12xx you should up the multi for it to get to right around 2000.

I dont know where I can change the HT muli, is that an option on this board?

Try taking "cpu tweak controll" off of auto setting and see what that does for you. I'm interested in this for cpu voltage increase.

I see in your bios pictures post #32 that you have a TLB option as well which does not pertain to your cpu. You can leave that on auto or disable it if you wish.

Try taking "cpu tweak controll" off of auto setting and see what that does for you. I'm interested in this for cpu voltage increase.

I see in your bios pictures post #32 that you have a TLB option as well which does not pertain to your cpu. You can leave that on auto or disable it if you wish.

TLB is set to disable. I have also disabled "tweak" and it appears that it has not effect on voltage.

TLB is set to disable. I have also disabled "tweak" and it appears that it has not effect on voltage.

Uhg.... seemingly from yous and Johan's experiences with this particular motherboard.... it's no good.

I just can't get over the VID and the Cpu-z. 1.45v VID and Cpu-z says 1.63v and the temps say your running closer to the 1.45v IMO IMO.

I can't imagine that a full on Prime95 at 1.63v would be that low in temps. Could you run Prime95 please and show us some load temps with that??

EDIt at least 30 minutes of Prime95 would be good to look at.

Uhg.... seemingly from yous and Johan's experiences with this particular motherboard.... it's no good.

I just can't get over the VID and the Cpu-z. 1.45v VID and Cpu-z says 1.63v and the temps say your running closer to the 1.45v IMO IMO.

I can't imagine that a full on Prime95 at 1.63v would be that low in temps. Could you run Prime95 please and show us some load temps with that??

EDIt at least 30 minutes of Prime95 would be good to look at.

I changed a few setting but here is 10mins of Prime95

Attachments

• Prime 10mins.jpg
    Prime 10mins.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 94
Ahhh, no temps with the screen shot man.

Need as much info as you can provide in one screen shot. Temps, speed voltages on so on. HWMonitor please.

Back