• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X6 1100T in an Asus M3N-HT Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got these settings past 20 minutes. I am pretty happy with this. I will go for a longer prime test tomorrow. Might not be the 4.1 plus I was hoping for, but I think the RAM speed and timing is good. I also have the NB running at a good clip. Voltage is good and temps don't appear out of line.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 216
Now that's a nice mix, having the Nb Freq, Ht Link and Dram raised along side the Cpu OC will be a much better overall OC. Nice work.

The Sabertooth is all you would need, it's a great board. I have both of them. The CHV-z is also an outstanding board but way over the top for what you need Kegs. I mean if you found one on sale or slightly used and the prices were similar I'd go for the Crosshair but as I said you don't need something like that. It's built with extreme overclocking in mind.

The Sabertooth is all you would need, it's a great board. I have both of them. The CHV-z is also an outstanding board but way over the top for what you need Kegs. I mean if you found one on sale or slightly used and the prices were similar I'd go for the Crosshair but as I said you don't need something like that. It's built with extreme overclocking in mind.

It's only a $40 difference in cost on Tigerdirect...

Where are you shopping in US or Canada? Newegg is typically cheaper than tiger

Ok I see, here in Canada TD feels like they should rape us. in the states they're prices line up with everyone else. That same board is $40 more at td than it is at Canadacomputers or newegg. Still you could put the cash towards your memory or something by getting the Sabo

Try and work with human nature...

...human nature often has no release to working and living without going with the big dog. Depending on the price of the object this can vary. I know times are getting tight and after good employment my current state sucks and I look at things differently.

Now. I bought an Asus CHV first not after buying lesser boards and having to upgrade. I have been around that track and it is not really fun nor really cost effective. I am glad that I did not buy a Sabertooth 990FX motherboard, because when I went with the CHV...the problem in "mind" and in practice was NOT going to be the motherboard. No wishing I had bought the big dog. I bought it.

Would a Sabertooth 990FX have done as well? Yep from others reports, I do believe so, BUT I am in a position of not having to second-guess myself. I got the big dog. End of story. Now it is P/S, cooling, ram and CPU and my willingness to stay with the trial and error. To do the real deal tweaking.

The top-tier CHV now in the CHV-z version has more settings than the average user will ever need. Get G Skill ram and save oneself possible issues and get DDR3-1866 ram to begin with. They sell reasonable priced, no in the way heat spreader, ram that just works at Cas 9 at DDR3-1866 and you don't have to be a memory tweaking genius not to give away any ram performance.

So if you lean toward going 'big dog' within your price range...get the CHV now in Z version. If the big dog mentality is overcomeable...get the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 and put the savings into watercooling in the +$230.00 range. Nothing but super good cooling will allow the FX 6 and 8 core processors really walk the walk.
RGone...ster. :screwy:

PS: I have cooling on my VRMs and on the Rear of the CPU socket even with my CHV. That cooling is worth it when I run P95 Blend Mode for +2 hours at 5.2Ghz. Nothing beats cooling. No board can overcome weak-arse cooling.
RGone...Again.

If I kept my 1100T and upgraded my motherboard what speed RAM can I use? Would the DDR3-1866 work with that processor? This might be a stupid question but I thought I read somewhere it can only handle a certain speed RAM, I can't find where I read it now...

Last edited:
If I kept my 1100T and upgraded my motherboard what speed RAM can I use? Would the DDR3-1866 work with that processor? This might be a stupid question but I thought I read somewhere it can only handle a certain speed RAM, I can't find where I read it now...

If I bought a new mobo and knowing I must get DDR3 ram. I certainly would get something like the DDR3-1866 I mentioned from G Skill since it easily can be slowed to DDR3-1600 or even less if need be; if your 1100T sucked and would not run over DDR3-1600. Then if later I wanted to test out an FX processor, I would be ram ready. YMMV. But that would be my move.
RGone...

Since I can't upgrade my motherboard & RAM until after my vacation and wedding I'm working on RAM timing. Here are a few current screen shots of tighter RAM timing 30 mins into Prime. There is a lot if the advanced RAM timings that are still set to auto. Are there suggested settings that I can adjust to improve performance, or am I better off leaving them all set to Auto? I am mostly referring to the last screen shot, seems like there is a lot to adjust and possibly gain performance from.

Attachments

• 07.26.17 Prime.jpg
    07.26.17 Prime.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 146
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 20140726_220233.jpg
    20140726_220233.jpg
    824.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 20140726_220447.jpg
    20140726_220447.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 20140726_220456.jpg
    20140726_220456.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 139
Go to the start sort of...

You get the idea in those three articles and you will know more than most do about
Ram and how it works. However in general the last of your posted pics has little real
performance to be gained by changing most of those settings. I have changed some
of those settings well two really in order to get dissimilar ram to work 'together'.
Otherwise I found no real fountain of performance from changing away from the AuTo
settings done when the bios reads the full SPD encoded instructions.
RGone...

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Understanding-RAM-Timings/26
Understanding RAM Timings. Got to know something before adjusting.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/133
Oh yes Dual-, Triple- and Quad-Channnel Memory Architectures.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/152
Memory Overclocking.

Back