• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

get more vcore under load: vdroop pencil mod for p5b-deluxe (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@satand: dunno about the -express and don't attempt with a regular pencil. Spend the $3 on the right one!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

6B didn't work, 2HB did very very nicely.

I went from a 0.09V droop from BIOS to load, and now it's a 0.01V gain under load!

I have so much more overclocking room!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

6B didn't work, 2HB did very very nicely.

I went from a 0.09V droop from BIOS to load, and now it's a 0.01V gain under load!

I have so much more overclocking room!

nice glad to see you finally got it working :D

Hazaro, I can't read the notes in your picture since they're in Spanish. Could you clarify?

Also, my board is a p5b plus. Is that area of the circuitry the same as teh p5b vanilla? It sure looks more like my board in that area than the pictures of the p5b deluxe, but I'd like to be sure.

Hazaro, I can't read the notes in your picture since they're in Spanish. Could you clarify?

Also, my board is a p5b plus. Is that area of the circuitry the same as teh p5b vanilla? It sure looks more like my board in that area than the pictures of the p5b deluxe, but I'd like to be sure.

Well I can't read them either :santa:

P5BCOMPARISONvdrooppencilmodvdropmo.jpg

Just count the number of resistors on top in a STARIGHT line, right above the little IC, P5B deluxe = 7, P5B = 3.

My P5B-Express looks identical to the P5B vanilla. I'd assume I'd use the picture on the right to do the vmod then, not the Deluxe version?

I know it seems like a retarded question, but I've had 3 components fail on me in the past 2 months (2 of which did so with a fireworkesque display). I'd rather not go through that any more.

What the hell is that in your signature picture?! It looks like a grocery cart ran a sheep over, spilling some stuff when it did.

@v8440 - I've seen that picture before with the caption, "Easter is canceled this year." Ah, google rocks:

Easter_is_cancelled.jpg

Oh that's terrible, terrible but funny. That reminds me of the one of a dead cat on the side of the road. Someone stuck a sign in the ground with an arrow pointing at the cat. The sign said "free cat."

Heh...sorry to the OP for derailing the thread with my AV.

About my question though?

Did you see the pic Hazaro posted for his vanilla P5B? If your board matches exactly his pic, I would try the mod based on it, not mine.

I did the pencil mod, and it works like a chaaaaaaaaamp! I bought a 2b pencil, went "scritchascritchascritch", and that was it-no voltage droop at all.

Back