• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel claims hyperthreading produces 900%+ boost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NookieN- i think he referred to the demo video, which shows some stunning time gains.

The more important thing here is that Silversinksam has been caught redhanded at the Intel Home user noobsite... :>

Silversinksam said:
The title of this thread is VERY misleading.
900% over what a 3.06 non HT? No! :rolleyes:
I think there may be some confusion here.
Here is the real numbers intel has cited.
Come on guys, this is an attempt to make the people at intel to look like liars. Please check the data, some people will belive this crud.
I don't mean to get down on you at all SSS but you posted incomplete information that can be very misleading. Lets try to be fair.
Please click on the link above. Also click on SSS's link and show me the claim.
Thanks
Hawk

If you really want to see what intel offically says about the performance boost please click the link in my post above. The quote of 900% was from "the inquirer" and not intel. intel says 15-25% gain.
If some one says I can run 35 MPH that don't mean I said I could or can. 900% come on, no one at intel is crazy enough to make such an outlandish statement.
"the inquirer" consider the source. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Intel claims hyperthreading produces 900%+ boost

NookieN said:

Heh. I see. Well in all fairness it looks like a typo to me, and The Inq started the 900% number. However, it would be a pretty outlandish claim if it's not an error.

No, it's not a typo. At the bottom of the page Sam linked to in the first post in this thread, there is a link "view demo"

It compares a spreadsheet application first running on a p4 3.06ghz without HT, then with HT. With HT, they reported that it went 9 times faster. Hence 900% boost. the Inquirer did not make this up, Intel did.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Intel claims hyperthreading produces 900%+ boost

Goo Kenson said:
No, it's not a typo. At the bottom of the page Sam linked to in the first post in this thread, there is a link "view demo"

It compares a spreadsheet application first running on a p4 3.06ghz without HT, then with HT. With HT, they reported that it went 9 times faster. Hence 900% boost. the Inquirer did not make this up, Intel did.

Yes I saw the damn demo. I never said the Inq made the typo. I put in a few calls and sent out a few e-mails... I'm curious what that "benchmark" is all about.

Looks like no one wants to comment on the link to the offical statment on the web link I posted where the real intel statment resides. NookieN thanks for looking into this.
You guys need to post full info not a qutoe inquirers generic interpretations of a single benchmark. I can assure this benchmark was demonstrating with multiple apps running. As a matter of fact it states that. If NookieN does not get the information to show this test method I will dig up the information next week.

Hawk said:
Looks like no one wants to comment on the link to the offical statment on the web link I posted where the real intel statment resides. NookieN thanks for looking into this.
You guys need to post full info not a qutoe inquirers generic interpretations of a single benchmark. I can assure this benchmark was demonstrating with multiple apps running. As a matter of fact it states that. If NookieN does not get the information to show this test method I will dig up the information next week.

Ur just covering it up cause u worked/work for intel:D

(u got da engineer's sample chip which afaik is illegal to own w/o being an engineer/employee)

No covering anything up. Where did you get that??? I am looking for facts just like I always do. :rolleyes:
Sober up ;)

but Hawk, even if that benchmark is with multiple apps, how can it be 9 times faster? i mean two 3ghz zeons arent nine times faster...at most they can be twice as fast or am i just being dense here?

Back