• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Celebrating Decades in the OCF Family - 10 and 20 Year Member Badge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sure I remember getting well and truly beaten to a pulp by SpeeDj on someone's UT2003 server .... must be a while ago now.
My trigger finger doesn't work quite as well as it used to, playing WoW for 6 years has kind of made my reaction times lethargic, or maybe it's only my aim that's suffered I don't know. I do know that if we get this all back rolling with having a 30Mb down/5Mb up cable connection we could probably host a pretty gnarly private server for those Overclockers that want to hang out with those of us playing local should be able to. I'll have to see if the interest is there lord knows I got the bandwidth :)

J :cool:

Ahaa. I was away for a couple of years, but now I'M BACK! :) 10 years, omg, Time flies!

This also reminds me of how bloody old I'm getting .. ;(

Last edited:
hardware pron alert for you old timers ;)

old_processors.jpg

I remember that Cartridge P2 :D I think mine was rated for 266, but would run 333 with no issues. I even stuck a fan on it! That was my first "serious" computer. Ran XP on it for several years, and then got a Celeron to replace it. That one died, and i moved on to the Penium D, and then the i7 i have today... it's amazing how fast i progressed from a Pentium Pro that could hardly get the answer to "2+2=4" in a few seconds, to an i7 that can do that a couple billion times a second.

As for these forums, i read them for about 3 years before i joined with questions about my i7. Didn't really know what the word "overclock" meant in my P2 days, and now today all my computing revolves around it.

Been a lurker for the past couple years now since closing down the old computer repair business and "working for the man" (hospital IT admin)

Recognize a lot of names here - it's crazy to think it's been that long. Learned the most from this forum than any site on the internet, and believe me with as many pages of the intertubes as I've read since jacking up a $400 phone bill that my parents nearly killed me for (thanks Prodigy!) - that is saying something.

Folks, please consider bumping my old thread by posting some of your old oc stuffs if you had the chance here -> ▓ Vintage OC-ing Gears Anyone ?.

Btw, not just old computer stuffs please, but old OCing gears.

PS : Just realized that thread is made back in 2007.

Last edited:
Folks, please consider bumping my old thread by posting some of your old oc stuffs if you had the chance here -> ▓ Vintage OC-ing Gears Anyone ?.

Btw, not just old computer stuffs please, but old OCing gears.

PS : Just realized that thread is made back in 2007.

I considered, and decided against bumping your thread. I stickied it instead. :cool:

I sure wish I would have kept up with this site more than I did. Lots has happened since I started. I'd say I'm an old timer, but being 27 isn't all that old I guess. I can't believe I started here when I was 16! I got lots of help from you guys. I was a lerker for a few years before joining. I'm back now and have the time (money) to get back into things.

BTW, what ever happened to HOOT? I got so much help from him back in the day that I remember him more than anyone.

Wow.... These pics bring back some memories... the old pencil/conductive pen trick for the XP chips :D I've been here for 9 years, but man it sure doesn't seem that long! Congrats to all you old timers!!

I just noticed my new badge! Ha, thanks. 10 Years is a lot of time on a forum. Thanks again for all the knowledge over the last 10 years.

Pentium then Pentium MMX cpus!! Then the almighty PII and PIII, oh don't forget the slotket and VP6/BP6!!

EDIT: Anyone here remember Step Thermodynamics!?

I just fell upon that magic 10 year number. sure dont seem to have beent hat long.

Back